All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:09 pm 

Hi All,

I am working on a 8100 XT2 preset for a long time. After reading the manual, getting details watching videos etc. I created a preset. This preset I can share with you on request.

What I did after creating that preset is extending it with some great modern day technology. This preset has the 8100 XT2 preset as a base (two band compressor + 6 band limiting and some special 8100 XT2 things for bass and brilliance) but has the following added features:

-Declipper
-Matrix AGC
-Bass Clipper

Let me know what you think, and what you think can be improved or changed. My target music was disco from the late 70s/early 80s. But todays music should work as well.

(Requires latest ST version that includes the Matrix AGC)

Attachments:
Just The Two of Us v0.1.sts [101.75 KiB]
Downloaded 623 times

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:50 am 

I have no idea how close this comes to sounding like an actual 8100 unit. I do know, however, that the preset sounds great to me. I never thought I'd do it, but I registered the licensed version so that I can use this preset as is. Thank you for sharing it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 pm 

Quote:
I have no idea how close this comes to sounding like an actual 8100 unit. I do know, however, that the preset sounds great to me. I never thought I'd do it, but I registered the licensed version so that I can use this preset as is. Thank you for sharing it.
That is great to hear! Happy to hear you like the preset! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 pm 

Quote:
Nice preset! Even though i dont own an 8100+XT2, the preset sounds good. I like the way the settings mostly match the 8100's internal processing chain unlike other presets which claim it sounds like optimods but the settings and the sound quality are far away from optimods.

for the absolute highs, i would tune the bandwidth from 32 to 130-270 or so and the slope up to 6200HZ and the max generation to 10000hz-12000hz. for me it sound better that way.
To simulate the sound of the phase rotator found in the optimods (or sort of) i will provide a preset only containing the phase rotator/delay settings.
For the multiband limiter, tune all the DB/oct scales to 12DB /oct. the graph might look ugly but it improves the audio quality alot.

looking foward to your feedback.
Thank you for sharing your phase rotation settings, I am going to try them :-)