All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 am 

as the title says.
i have two of the same sound cards (realtek) but currently using only one at WASPI 48khz sampling depth (input, output & on ST to match the default of the sound card sample depth) with a latency of 0.0250 seconds and would like "normal output" to send audio to both cards simultaneously since the output from both sound cards feed different devices directly.
i cannot use "FM output" to achieve this goal since the sample depth must be 192khz and i need the sample depth to be 48Khz across the board.
there currently exists no other method to send the audio from ST to two sound cards simultaneously at 48Khz while maintaining the current latency of 0.0250 seconds.
please consider the option for the user to choose at least two sound cards for simultaneous output from the "normal output tab, there currently exists only one.
"LQ low latency" output is not an option since its not of the same quality.
thanks for your consideration.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 am 

Hi,
We're working on a complete replacement of Stereo Tool's input/output mechanism. This will give a more flexible system, in which something like a dual output will likely be possible. It will take a while before it's finished though.
For now you could use something like VBCable or Virtual Audio Cable, but that will cost you latency unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:31 pm 

Quote:
Hi,
We're working on a complete replacement of Stereo Tool's input/output mechanism. This will give a more flexible system, in which something like a dual output will likely be possible. It will take a while before it's finished though.
For now you could use something like VBCable or Virtual Audio Cable, but that will cost you latency unfortunately.
thanks.
i look forward to "dual outputs" on ST and hopefully MB2 that will have a "compressor type: digital/analog" selection like MB1 does since i prefer the behavior of the digital compressor type overall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:29 am 

Quote:
Hi,
I hope that will be soon, since 2nd (current) version is still not good at some aspects. It would be good after all this years atleast that part be fine.
I am testing this buffer synchronisation (notmal output) and it works totally wrong. For starters, measurement of buffer position (M) is constantly in delay. 10 to almost 20sec, i guess depends on Buffer Size, SampleRate.. etc, instead in realtime like buffer meter, for example.
However it's not only I/O part wrong, something in ST core is also acting wrong, since changing "Quality" to other number then 100% changes things a lot.

@EliteData
What crosses my mind atm is that you can temporarily use "Leif's Resampler" or VAC's repeater so you can pass ST's Normal Output to 2nd card. Rasampler would be my choice, it works very good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

@Bojcha: I think your issues are caused by a too slow CPU. I ran tests last night and on my i7 the buffer levels and M/x numbers (using 3 different sound cards) look perfect, I haven't seen more than a 4 ms drift. But there are a few things that can affect how this works, and there's no real fix for it (especially Quality settings can make the Stereo Tool core behave somewhat bursty, which is fine, but makes it hard to keep track of buffer fillings, on a fast CPU those effects aren't really visible). Still, as long as the x value stays very close to 1 and the buffer doesn't get too full or too empty, it probably doesn't matter much.

Keep in mind that in this situation there are essentially 4 different clocks that need to be synchronized, and that's not trivial.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:05 pm 

Quote:
@Bojcha: I think your issues are caused by a too slow CPU. I ran tests last night and on my i7 the buffer levels and M/x numbers (using 3 different sound cards) look perfect, I haven't seen more than a 4 ms drift. But there are a few things that can affect how this works, and there's no real fix for it (especially Quality settings can make the Stereo Tool core behave somewhat bursty, which is fine, but makes it hard to keep track of buffer fillings, on a fast CPU those effects aren't really visible). Still, as long as the x value stays very close to 1 and the buffer doesn't get too full or too empty, it probably doesn't matter much.

Keep in mind that in this situation there are essentially 4 different clocks that need to be synchronized, and that's not trivial.
I think i already told you that CPU has nothing to do with it since it's under 10%\
- Measurement is in delay. (It measures buffer position 10-15 seconds ago.
- Measurement is also wrong (depend on quality settings, but always wrong) Except at 150% quality but still not perfect.
- Those turbo, etc stuff is not doing what it should do.
- Also i dot get this restart fuinction... What it restarts? buffer? well it does not. And if it does it do only in extreme bad buffer no metter what is slider settings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:01 am 

Quote:
- Also i dot get this restart fuinction... What it restarts? buffer? well it does not. And if it does it do only in extreme bad buffer no metter what is slider settings.
the restart sound card function upon buffer under/over is very useful but the countdown to when it restarts after it detects buffer over/under is a bit long in my opinion.
it would be nice to see a function that can adjust the time it would take to restart the sound card.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:41 am 

Quote:
Quote:
the restart sound card function upon buffer under/over is very useful but the countdown to when it restarts after it detects buffer over/under is a bit long in my opinion.
it would be nice to see a function that can adjust the time it would take to restart the sound card.
No any time needed there. If i set 50% AND 150%.. it should instantly restart at those points. It does not do that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:37 am 

Quote:

You made me to test all again, 10th time now, to just confirm what i already know, Sync working totaly wrong. Period.