All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:19 pm 

Quote:
TODO's
  • Command line version 24 bit I/O
ImageImageImage

P.S. The empty dsp_stereo_tool.log folder is still created in beta 15 but no hurry.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

BETA017 is available!

Changes/bugfixes
  • Test NAN insert -> Works, but I did see a NAN after startup yesterday for no obvious reason...
  • Command line version 24 bit I/O, test loading of settings file
  • Empty log directory is created by MicroMPX
  • Improve RMS window position when using x16 mode
  • Adjust RMS window size for sine shape
  • Give ARM and x86 MicroMPX builds different names (they are the same now, previously uploaded ARM versions were wrong due to that)
  • Support saving settings under name of executable on Linux (Test needed)
  • Sound card sync does too little for M values far below 1! Also made it speed up faster than before when it gets further away from the center.
  • Removed unnecessary RDS threads.
  • Optimize new compressor RMS size code (Test needed, does it still build?)
  • Updated resizing of bottom part of the screen to look better if the window is not very high.
  • Check if I can make VST window less high for 1600x900 laptop screens -> Yup, now 843 -> 768, still looks good.
  • Built-in MicroMPX logs time offsets because a calculation is done with the wrong sample rate. (Test needed)
  • AGC: Check if SJP still works with RMS mode (probably not!) -> OK!
  • Heavy CPU mode seems to do very little in the AGC when using RMS size > 0 -> Disabled now.
  • Optimized big RMS size values (no need to calculate everything). Maybe useful for MB1/2?
  • Fixed threading error in RMS size code that could cause calculation errors (including NANs).

TODO's
  • Finalize RDS code
  • Mac VST version crashes on close
  • Update presets (Cerulean, Chocolate Moose)
  • RELEASE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:59 pm 

Thanks! Empty log folder is fixed.
Is there a link to the cmd version to test? Also the size of the DSP dll was almost halved, is that ok?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:10 pm 

Quote:
Also the size of the DSP dll was almost halved, is that ok?
The same with the VST version. The size is reduced by almost half. But it still seems to work without any problems...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ow. Nice :) I hadn't expected that much of a difference (I had expected some). I reduced some compiler optimizations a bit because the compiler kept crashing with internal errors - so the big quesion is, is there any effect on the CPU load (I don't expect there to be). If not we're fine, build is faster, fails less often and file sizes are smaller.

Something is weird with the 32 bit stand alone, it was already much smaller than the others and it didn't shrink as much as the others. I just verified the settings but (except for 32 vs 64) they are identical for the 32 and 64 bit stand alone...

Latest command line version is here: https://we.tl/t-ndBNHbQUhl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:16 am 

Since Basstardizer was removed, does the button to turn it on/off in the Web Interface do anything to the sound? I couldn't tell much of a difference, but that might be because I can't turn Basstardizer up to make a noticeable difference. I know the web interface is low on your priorities though and not very many people use it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:15 am 

I don't know is there update to Sync function, but now it's even worse. (Normal Output > Sync to Input or FM)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I don't know is there update to Sync function, but now it's even worse. (Normal Output > Sync to Input or FM)
There is - what happened? It's better here. For values below 1, especially very low values (buffer almost empty), it wasn't correcting enough. (M was between 0.5 and 2, that was wrong and it's now between 0 and 2).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:
There is - what happened? It's better here. For values below 1, especially very low values (buffer almost empty), it wasn't correcting enough. (M was between 0.5 and 2, that was wrong and it's now between 0 and 2).
Beside that it's always late to read current postiion of buffer, beside that it's reading 'wrong sample(?)' (buffer fluctate fastly few samples up and down, visible on buffer bar, it reads top and sometimes bottom of fluctation), etc.. now it knows to stuck to M=2.0000 and never move from that place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Beside that it's always late to read current postiion of buffer, beside that it's reading 'wrong sample(?)' (buffer fluctate fastly few samples up and down, visible on buffer bar, it reads top and sometimes bottom of fluctation), etc.. now it knows to stuck to M=2.0000 and never move from that place.
Ow. And what is the buffer filling display, and what's the 'x' value?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next