All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am 

Hello Hans,

I think it is much better to post here rather than send you emails. I tried beta 11 in vMix and the same error appears. I attached the error message.

Kind regards,

Andre

Attachments:
StereoTool Error - VST3 - Beta11.png
StereoTool Error - VST3 - Beta11.png [ 229 KiB | Viewed 7909 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Andre,

On our end it *sometimes* works in vMix and it sometimes doesn't. David is looking into it, vMix refused to install on my pc (the installer crashed).

This is a different issue though. Could you send me your FULL settings? I'm assuming that something is going wrong in the processing somewhere. Alternatively, could you turn all the processing filters off one by one to find which one causes this? Start at the end... Just go to the main Processing screen and untick everything that's on, from the right bottom to the left top.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:56 am 

I'm also getting the same error. Input works but no output. The error does not present itself until audio is passing through it.

Turning off filters doesn't nothing, but hitting the Hear button does.

Audio passes to the output when I hit hear on ND, Phase Rotation and Azimuth. Any of these filter need not be on for it to pass audio with the Hear button active.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 am 

Since my previous post hasn't shown up yet (I'm assuming admin approval is required first), I'm hoping this will also show up.

I was able to get VST3 plug-in to work, but without the Auto EQ and Bass EQ. Once those are enabled, the audio stops flowing. I did enable MB2 and it threw the error, but it still seems to work regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Which version are you using? And can you also send me your full settings (EXPORT -> ALL SETTINGS) that show the problem?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am 

I'm using the most current version that was on the download page Saturday. Looking at the about page, it says 9.02. Is that right? I know the VST3 plug-in is new to the download page.

I'll send you the STS file via a private message. It's too big to attach here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Hm, no, it should have been 9.22! No idea where the 9.02 comes from, there was no VST3 plugin yet at the time....

Edit: I don't see a PM yet? 11115 is Auto EQ by the way, so the problem probably occurs in or before Auto EQ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am 

I'm guessing that the version number for the VST3 plug-in is 9.22?

I sent you the STS file in a PM in Facebook. The preset file size is just over 400kB. I can't attach it to a PM here or as a post. To make things easier than going through the amount of PMs you might have there, I'll do this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aFZHU ... X6IuQA7lgc

After playing more, I found that if I leave the Auto EQ and Bass EQ off, save that as a preset and load it into vMix, the AGC and MB1 bottoms out at full GR and there's no output.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know which version you are running exactly, but it definitely shouldn't be saying 9.02... Can you try the latest beta build from the forum? In the About-box, it should say 9.23 (february 2019). If it doesn't, you're somehow (?) using a different version.

Since vMIX won't install on my pc I've tried the VST3 plugin in OcenAudio, and I don't see any NAN's with your preset (but I also see a very different version number in the about box). I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions. And I've tried turning AVX off, that didn't cause it either. But if you're indeed on a much older (possibly beta?) version, that might explain why I don't see it. Turning Auto EQ/Bass EQ off doesn't cause problems.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 am 

I did not find a beta build for the VST3 plug-in on 9.23.

I attempted to load the VST3 plug-in into OcenAudio. It does not seem to support it.

I was able to load the lastest VST2 build into it and that worked. It even shows the correct build version in the About page.

As you can see from the first screenshot, I downloaded a beta build of the VST3 plug-in for a previous version. Shows 9.02 in the About page.
vMix requires that VST3 plug-ins it uses be in a particular directory or else it will not find it.