All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

BETA006 is available! Most important change (just did it tonight so not yet properly tested) is that we added slower movement inside the window in the AGC.

Behavior is like this:
- Within the window, it moves to the place where it would have been had there not been any window at a configurable speed (for example 50%/sec means, move 50% of the distance to where you would have been per second).
- Beside that you can control the maximum speed for moving up (release) or down (attack).

So, to have a constant speed, just set it to 100%/sec and set the (then constant) attack and release speeds as you like. To have a relative speed, set the maximum attack and release speeds to the maximum and choose some lower percentage.

0% = old behavior (stand still).
100% with maximum attack/release speeds is basically identical to having no window.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am 

Quote:
BETA006 is available! Most important change (just did it tonight so not yet properly tested) is that we added slower movement inside the window in the AGC.
Does not work for legacy AGC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
No. That's a completely separate code base. (O. I suppose the settings are visible though...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No. That's a completely separate code base. (O. I suppose the settings are visible though...)
Yes visible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 pm 

Difference button in Bastardizer does freeze next multiband and clipper but sound does not change on low latency output.
Is this normal?

Also, Bass distorts on Normal output with low buffer settings. 0 0020 sec up till 0.400. Then its getting less distorted.
Just a few things i noticed. Maybe its nothing. EDIT: I was using both Normal and FM output for some reaaon... now with fm output off, Normal output is good again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Difference button in Bastardizer does freeze next multiband and clipper but sound does not change on low latency output.
Is this normal?

Also, Bass distorts on Normal output with low buffer settings. 0 0020 sec up till 0.400. Then its getting less distorted.
Just a few things i noticed. Maybe its nothing. EDIT: I was using both Normal and FM output for some reaaon... now with fm output off, Normal output is good again.
Basstardizer is skipped in low latency output so difference is skipped too... the rest should not stop working though.

The buffer thing must mean that at those settings the calculations don't finish in time. Keep in mind that low buffer settings work reliable only in ASIO mode - especially combining different sound cards can be problematic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:06 pm 

Allright, did not know that Basstardizer was skipped in low latency. I have it between multibands and the GUI freezes after Basstardizer, sound is not changed so maybe a GUI bug then... Also, basstardizer was in legacy mode, bass boost.

I use Asio on Juli@ card, works perfectly on extreme low buffer settings. Just not 2 separate processed outputs i guess.
However Normal output was on Asio and Fm output non-asio... still 2 separate processed outputs though.

Anything else skipped in low latency?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I use Asio on Juli@ card, works perfectly on extreme low buffer settings. Just not 2 separate processed outputs i guess.
However Normal output was on Asio and Fm output non-asio... still 2 separate processed outputs though.
That's the problem: One is ASIO the other non-ASIO. If you use ASIO for both it should be ok.
Quote:
Anything else skipped in low latency?
Anything bass-related. Since there's not enough latency avaialble to split bass from the rest of the audio.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:31 am 
Site Admin

BETA007 is availalbe! I have fixed the speed-inside-the-window behavior. There's now a half-life time, which is the time it takes to move half-way from where the level is now and where it would have been without window.

Note: There are multiple ways of making a window, that all have their own advantages and disadvantages. What is here now probably looks a lot like how others are doing it. At the very least it's better than having no movement at all... The main drawback of the chosen window design is that even on big level differences it starts to move slowly (however, we've observed that same behavior in other hardware boxes). There are ways around that but they would depend highly on how you measure audio and could behave very differently on seemingly identical spikes in level, which is probably worse than just being slow. At least the AGC will no longer be stuck at a level until the input changes more than the window size.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:42 am 

I still dont uderstand what you are doing and still window speed does not do what it should do at all.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next