All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: batch processing >16bit
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:35 am 

What's the easiest way to batch process with more than 16bit?
If any 3rd party software is needed it should accept command line options.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am 

Did you have a look at WatchCat? It uses 32 bit internally and can output 32 bit .WAV files. You can find it on our download page.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am 

You specifically mentioned 32bit processing and output, just for safety, does this also include input, too?
How can I change ST profiles during processing, i.e. have 3 files using a different profile each? When I change the content of a profile before a file is processed, will the changes apply or does WC cache the original profile for the complete session?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:58 pm 

Quote:
You specifically mentioned 32bit processing and output, just for safety, does this also include input, too?
If the input is 32bit, then yes.
Quote:
How can I change ST profiles during processing, i.e. have 3 files using a different profile each?
Use separate watch folders for each processing preset. This is a feature of WatchCat Professional though (so it's a paid feature). If you don't have a license it'll insert beeps in the processed sound if you use more than one watch folder. Or manually change the ST preset of the first watch folder, but it's not really batch processing then anymore.
Quote:
When I change the content of a profile before a file is processed, will the changes apply or does WC cache the original profile for the complete session?
If I remember correctly the preset is determined as processing starts (so if a file is pending and you change the preset, once the file starts it'll use the new preset; I'm not completely sure though).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 am 

WC needs some time to recognize a new file was added to the folder. Is it possible to trigger the start of the processing?

I also see that WC uses the generic ST plugin. Where's the documentation for that? Would probably be much easier and faster to use that directly.