All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 729 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 am 

I have one I haven't seen mentioned: my license doesn't seem to cover delossifier anymore. I thought I saw a few flashes of the "you're using unregistered functions" screen while I was on 8.54 plus the warning in the window-titlebar (I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 so a fresh install since this week), but since V9.00 I get the audiobeep as well.
(Winamp plugin, on winamp 5.666.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:53 am 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 9.01 BETA001 - Bug fix version

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 01-001.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 01-001.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 01-001.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 01-001.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 01-001.dll

CHANGES:
  • VST issue listed above: Running the 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host can cause a blank window to appear on closing, which doesn't respond to anything. -> I added some code to handle a certain resize command. Which was re-positioning the window. Apparently, certain VST hosts (including the bridge plugin that apparently many people use to run a 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host) was causing that to be triggered after the window was closed. It's now skipping this code when the window is invisible, that seems to be it.
  • VST screen too small (causing bottom part to look a bit ugly) on 100% DPI mode reported by 1 person, need to check that. -> Made it bigger (1500x843, which is exactly 16:9 scale).
  • AGC stuck at very low level after changing quality - can't explain this one at all (unless it's gating, that might be it... If it's that it should be easy to fix) -> Found a missing check, probably fixed. Flashing meters on Quality change seem to be gone now, which is a good sign.
  • Bojcha's preset: Non-FM relative output value is incorrect. The value is saved under FM settings but it does affect non-FM output too, so that's wrong (that hasn't changed though, was already wrong in 8.54 and before, I just tested that). Have to figure out a way to fix that without breaking backward compatibility. -> Done, still stored in a weird place in the file, but loads fine now.
  • Same thing for Multipath / Mono Bass settings, have to find a way to save those under normal clipper settings without breaking backward compatibility Same as before, also an issue in 8.54 and before, but in 8.54 the filter was disabled for non-FM outputs and it's not anymore. So now it has become a problem. -> Done, still stored in a weird place in the file, but loads fine now.
  • Warning message for too much noise gate action appears quite fast if you're playing pure silence, and takes a while to disappear when you play music again. Should probably look at both short and long time action and only display if BOTH say too much happens. And ideally, it should ignore pure silence (also for AGC, low level etc. warnings).
  • Warning message for too much noise gate leaves a mess on the screen when it disappears. I know I fixed this and checked it, but possibly not for all warning windows.
  • Bass EQ might overreact a bit to sudden jumps - although that's probably just an issue in a specific preset. To be checked. -> Yup, was just a preset issue. Changed default Relative Kick Speed though (from 0.25 to 1.00).
  • There was a NAN reported that didn't cause any issues that appears to have come from the sound card calibration filter (that's actually deprecated). Since it's at the end of the chain it can't do much damage. Must have been there before as well. -> Wild guess, but it could have been this: Calibrate doesn't work (and hasn't worked since version 7.71!) in "Ignore high frequencies" mode. Disabled now. There's nothing in the code itself that would explain the NAN, except for this, which was causing very loud noises on my system.
  • Report that # bands in Auto EQ can't be changed (waiting for explanation what that means) -> User error, ignore.
  • WatchCat version number was wrong (showed 1.2.0 BETA 2, but should just have been 1.2.0, it's no longer beta).
  • Added inital JSON web server support.

TODO:
  • VST drawing area size was incorrect, it could overwrite part of the host program's window (happened in Audition). Issue was caused in 9.00.
  • Some preset updates have been announced by people that I should apply when I do a new build anyway.

TODO 9.02:
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script - partially done
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder
  • Mac VST plugin issue in OcenAudio.
  • White flashing. So far seen twice by \_/ and a while ago by Bojcha (who then saw that he had this in all versions going back to 7.70 or so, and got it fixed by updating his video driver). For now I'm waiting if others see the same thing, and if \_/ keeps seeing it. Nothing really changed in the drawing engine except for the addition of 4K support - but the drawing itself works the same and there's no good reason why this would suddenly appear. The 4K change itself was also done months ago and \_/ hasn't seen it in the beta's.
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way.

I will definitely update the presets tomorrow, that might be all (the 2 remaining issues are virtually impossible to reproduce at this point, so I can't really investigate them, and they don't appear to be very serious).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have one I haven't seen mentioned: my license doesn't seem to cover delossifier anymore. I thought I saw a few flashes of the "you're using unregistered functions" screen while I was on 8.54 plus the warning in the window-titlebar (I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 so a fresh install since this week), but since V9.00 I get the audiobeep as well.
(Winamp plugin, on winamp 5.666.)
Please send me (in a PM!!!!!!) your license so I can check what's wrong. This is not expected behavior. Are you sure that you didn't use an older license when you did the fresh install? (Many people added the Delossifier to an existing license, you might have put back a license without Delossifier?). If you didn't get the beep in 8.54 and you do get it now since upgrading, that's definitely unexpected.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:06 am 

Non-relative fixed..
Multipath/Mono bass not. Start loading web presets from top one by one, every preset has different (probably wrong - angle) settings. So it loads from somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:11 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Non-relative fixed..
Multipath/Mono bass not. Start loading web presets from top one by one, every preset has different (probably wrong - angle) settings. So it loads from somewhere.
Well, if they are all different then they must be part of the presets (and I can imagine that some are wrong given the recent changes - I guess I should just overwrite them now).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:46 am 

Ahh.. saved now.. and it loads fine. :)

^gl!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:05 pm 

Window no longer appears, but now (and i can't say it did before) but I can't resize the main window.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 pm 

Hello Hans..

Very weird...

Just installed the 9.01 32bit VST over the old beta on BaO. Declipper just doesnt work. IT is on, but the meters are frozen and doesnt sound like it's processing. Reinstalling the old 9.0Beta71 makes it work back again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Window no longer appears, but now (and i can't say it did before) but I can't resize the main window.
That depends on the host application. In most, you can't :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 am 

I updated from 8.54 to 9.00 and the quality is amazing to say the least.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 729 Next