All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5476 Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 pm 

Build 61 working great here, too. Previous issues appear to be resolved.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm 

any news on custom RDS Groups?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
DynaRider_NEW_v0.00.50-HD_ST_9.00b060.sts
DynaRider_NEW_v0.00.42-FM_50us_ST_8.55b059.sts

FM Version need to catch HD version.
Bojcha is the HD preset ok for use on web radio?
Only if you like it :) I use it atm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DynaRider_NEW_v0.00.50-HD_ST_9.00b060.sts
DynaRider_NEW_v0.00.42-FM_50us_ST_8.55b059.sts

FM Version need to catch HD version.
I’m loving the HD preset. It makes everything sound very clear. Is the preset available in the list? I can’t see it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I’m loving the HD preset. It makes everything sound very clear. Is the preset available in the list? I can’t see it.
Still not in list. Hans is busy now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 am 

Update - After troubleshooting further I discovered that the problem described below is tied to AutoEQ, BassEQ, and Low Level Boost. If one, two, or all three modules are enabled, the problem below will occur to some degree. Only if all three of these modules are disabled will the problem below not occur. This problem occurs going all the way back to the version of Stereo Tool where each module was introduced. See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23663&start=520#p54980

Checking the latest beta 61, Stereo Tool VST is having problems for me.

I did some additional checking and this problem is present back to at least beta 49. Wish I had more time to keep checking further.

This issue is that not all Stereo Tool modules seem to completely engage until either some amount of audio is processed, or the VST is used at least once in the current DAW session.

Here's my original track:

Here's after running Stereo Tool on it once (note first part of track):

Here's after clicking "Undo" in the Edit menu, then running Stereo Tool on it again without changing any settings:

I checked and I can't seem to find exactly which modules are the culprit. I suspected "Low Level Boost" but that's not it. So I give up. I wish I had more time to troubleshoot further but I don't right now. (I'm not even using any of the compressors here.)

To reproduce:

Start Audacity (I'm on 2.2.1 but this shouldn't matter).

Load the following track (it's public domain): sample.mp3

Start Stereo Tool, import the following settings: User_Default_b61.sts

Apply Stereo Tool. Note result (take screenshot, etc.)

Undo Stereo Tool (Edit -> Undo)

Apply Stereo Tool again. Note result.

I checked on another DAW (Wavosaur) and reproduced this behavior there, so it doesn't appear to be a DAW issue. Checked both 32 and 64 bit VST (in 32 and 64 bit Wavosaur) with same results. Also checked 16 bit vs. 32 bit wav, that had no effect either. The last thing I had time to check, was enabling the "VST Workaround - Clean Buffer at start of new track" option; this also had no effect on the issue.

Last edited by All Night on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:20 pm 

Probably AGC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm 

It's disabled. :|

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 pm 

I hate to keep bringing up problems...

Not sure if this is an Audacity problem or a Stereo Tool problem.

Stereo Tool's settings don't get properly retained using Audacity's state retention system (C:\Users\[USERID]\AppData\Roaming\audacity\pluginsettings.cfg).

Some settings seem to be just small decimal increments, but other settings are extreme. (For example lines 142, 143, and 144.) The First MultiBand Limiter also becomes mysteriously enabled.

To reproduce, load User_Default_b61.sts into Stereo Tool (All Settings -> Import). Apply Stereo Tool to some audio in Audacity. Then, exit and restart Audacity. Now look at Stereo Tool. Several settings in Stereo Tool have changed. (All settings are supposed to be the same.)

I exported the changed settings (Audacity_Restart.sts) and compared it with the original. Here are the differences:

https://pastebin.com/GPhG1ni7

What could cause that? Is it an Audacity specific issue?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:18 am 

With regard to the former issue (differences between first and second runs of Stereo Tool VST in the same DAW session)...

I had time today to troubleshoot it further... I went through and tried running Stereo Tool twice with one module at a time disabled... and the problem happened EVERY time. So it does not appear to be coming from one single module.

The problem does NOT occur if you run audio through Stereo Tool with EVERYTHING disabled.

So I'm at a loss.

Update - After troubleshooting further I discovered that this problem is tied to AutoEQ, BassEQ, and Low Level Boost. If one, two, or all three modules are enabled, the problem will occur to some degree. Only if all three of these modules are disabled will the problem not occur. This problem occurs going all the way back to the version of Stereo Tool where each module was introduced. See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23663&start=520#p54980

I did crop out just the section at the beginning that is being affected and ran the MasVis analysis on it, in case it might be useful. The comparison is of direct output with no other level matching or filter applied.

Last edited by All Night on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5476 Next