All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: RDS Implementation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:08 am 

Hi here: https://github.com/UoC-Radio/JMPXRDS is nice open-source rds encoder that has some RDS that you don't yet have implemented so you can just borrow some code from there and make your life easier while implementing missing RDS features like PTYN ECC, PIN that you don't yet have

PS: What programing language is Stereo Tool written in? (C, C++, QT, Delphi)
Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards

Post subject: Re: RDS Implementation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Adding features to the RDS encoder isn't that difficult (there are clear specs out there). But I usually add things when people request them because they need them for something... do you need these things?

For example I saw this description for PIN:
Program Item Number (PIN)
Identifies the scheduled broadcasting time of a specific program. It enables an RDS receiver to work on specified programs
only. This function can be used to plan recordings on scheduled broadcasts.

Now, in this day, does anyone use that? Who records radio programs when you can usually look up every fragment online? What devices support this?

C++

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm 

Quote:
Hi,

Adding features to the RDS encoder isn't that difficult (there are clear specs out there). But I usually add things when people request them because they need them for something... do you need these things?

For example I saw this description for PIN:
Program Item Number (PIN)
Identifies the scheduled broadcasting time of a specific program. It enables an RDS receiver to work on specified programs
only. This function can be used to plan recordings on scheduled broadcasts.

Now, in this day, does anyone use that? Who records radio programs when you can usually look up every fragment online? What devices support this?

C++

in more modern countries you can find most of the programs online but in Slovenia you still cant find all the programs online (and even if they are out there you have a hard time navigating through all this web sites layouts) so PIN would be very usaful to just simply record the program you want

PTYN is nice because you can name specific music programs for instance PTY: Folk and PTYN: Balkans would indicate specific Folk Music (there are a lot of difrent Folk Music like Dutch, German, Slovenian, Bosnian are all Folk Music but are diferent

ECC is nice because you could quickly know from which country the station is without looking the PI code up on FMlist

so if you could implement theese I would be realy happy and would definitly make a lot of use from them

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:23 pm 

any news (maybe it can be added in ST 8.60?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:14 am 
Site Admin

PIN and ECC (and also EON, ODA, IH and EWS) are supported now when using UECP in version 9.02. I'll add stuff in the GUI later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:07 pm 

Quote:
PIN and ECC (and also EON, ODA, IH and EWS) are supported now when using UECP in version 9.02. I'll add stuff in the GUI later.
:D :D :) :)