All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:31 am 

I also want to compliment Hans on this version... I think it's the best so far.

Among the stations I have on the program are a couple of AMs. Stereo Tool produces consistent levels of high modulation while also sounding very open... and not squished or overly processed. That's not the easiest thing to do within the limitations of AM.

Not many stations here still broadcast music. The ones I have on Stereo Tool sound very open yet well-controlled.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm 

I'm using lately several audio processors, as I got dropped in a radio network, mostly Omnia and one Orban 5500i (which is a worse case stand alone processor imo)
But ST still gives me the most satisfaction factor, I'm using him in the extreme mode, it became a very mature processor if you see where it comes from.
If I have the opportunity to recommend a good overall audio processor it will this great processor.
Because of the workload I can't process any presets anymore and Beta testing wasn't my specialty anyway.
But I keep following it here.

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work Hans and everybody who makes this piece of software rock 'n roll.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 am 

Quote:
"Image phase amplifier max angle". Changing it WILL affect your stereo image (it does in the samples that I've heard for that other processor as well), I'll add something to reduce that effect soon. Also, you don't have to set it to 0 degrees, you can keep it a big higher and will keep most of the stereo and fix most of the phasing effect. I would suggest 90 degrees for now, IF you have audio with phasing problems. If you don't, then just don't use it. (For now anyway).

That sounds awesome! I did a little testing with some recordings that I feel might have some phasing issues, but when doing an A/B test I always prefer the original, probably because it's affecting the stereo image like you said. (I used a setting of 90 degrees.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm 

We had to activate the prelimiter again because we get huge spikes of low on our settings (< 120) as we had some time in the past until this whas fixed due to some bug I remember, but this sound is amazingly clear now, will go online with it in coming weeks

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
We had to activate the prelimiter again because we get huge spikes of low on our settings (< 120) as we had some time in the past until this whas fixed due to some bug I remember, but this sound is amazingly clear now, will go online with it in coming weeks
That should not be the case at all, have you calibrated for tilt?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
That should not be the case at all, have you calibrated for tilt?
Interesting, me and a friend both have the same issue. Your question is even more interesting. Let me explain a bit, we're in a group of radiostreams region Waalwijk the Netherlands all using Stereotool, all between 50 and 60 years old. Former DJ's. Historically we do things by ear :-) and me personally I do not have a clue what "calibrate for tilt" means. We reloaded our current settings in 8.40 and this occured. Then we started tuning. Prelimiter solved it. If you want I can sent you a source and the settings with prelimiter on by wetransfer. It processes a lot of spikes.

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Please do! Btw tilt correction is only needed for FM, anyway, if things are configured correctly there should be *no* spikes at all. So please send me a TeamViewer code so I can have a look.