All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: "Cursor Noise"
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:52 pm 

On two different computers, one very stout and one underpowered, when I move the cursor across the Stereo Tool screen, it puts a popping noise in the audio. The CPU usage goes to the max in the underpowered box and clearly shows on the powerful computer. Both have popping sounds in the audio. Minimizing ST makes sure it doesn't happen. It almost seems that running the cursor across the screen places a higher CPU load than ST running does. When moving the cursor across the desktop, it has no effect. This has been the case for some time (not just a 7.6 issue). Anyone else seeing/hearing this?

Post subject: Re: "Cursor Noise"
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Which Windows version are you using? And are you using a system with Hyperthreading and not that many cores?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:44 pm 

Quote:
Which Windows version are you using? And are you using a system with Hyperthreading and not that many cores?
The underpowered system is an old Duo Core that I have to reduce the CPU loading on whereas the stout one has 4 cores (i5) and ST uses only 25-30% of the CPU to run it full blast. The wimpy system is XP and the hefty one is Win 7 32 bit. They are both unplugged at the moment so I can't readily access any further detail. When you watch your 4 cores on the performance screen and scroll the cursor across the ST screen, do your CPU loads go up noticeably Hans ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
The underpowered system is an old Duo Core that I have to reduce the CPU loading on whereas the stout one has 4 cores (i5) and ST uses only 25-30% of the CPU to run it full blast. The wimpy system is XP and the hefty one is Win 7 32 bit. They are both unplugged at the moment so I can't readily access any further detail. When you watch your 4 cores on the performance screen and scroll the cursor across the ST screen, do your CPU loads go up noticeably Hans ?
Yes, but you can configure which thread runs on which core and I usually run the GUI thread on a core that isn't really usable for processing (core 0, which is used by Windows drivers etc.).

Can you try this:
- Set processing on cores 2+4 (assuming that you see 8 cores with Hyperthreading)
- Set GUI on core 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:44 pm 

This problem usually happens due to an inappropriate video card or display driver not installed. Make sure the video card drivers are installed properly and upgrade the video card if necessary.