All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Clear Sound
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hi there, of course i am interested in your opinion about the sound on my stream.
Target is natural sound and a good, non irritating, frequency balance. Hope I succeed.

Here's the link for listening, check it out: http://www.michielmimpen.nl/no-curse-in ... radio.html

If you have any question why I do things or don't please feel free to comment.

Post subject: Re: Clear Sound
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 pm 

Listened to "All About That Bass" and "All The Small Things" on air. Sounds great in my opinion. Perhaps the mids are a rather weak, I personally think the 600hz area could do with a bit of a boost as it does seem to lack a little in that area. Nice choice of audio codec. Besides that, I could definitely listen to it for hours. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:37 pm 

Hi Face, thank you for your comment. Nice to get this positive reply!

You're blesses with good ears i must say. Yes, i did make some behavior tweaks in the Multiband filter and mostly in the 1KhZ band (Attack Flatness 5.0 / Release Flattnes 0,50 / Release Inertia 1.10 / Continuous Release 40%) This is positive for everything above the 800 hZ to avoid 'listening fatigue' but it seems to have less good impact and i lose some power in the area 160Hz - 600Hz.

I will check it out further.

If you have some tips to work this out best i will be pleased to hear it from you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:30 am 

Hi MichielM,

I've only had a chance to listen for a short time on the laptop. I found the sound quite forward but obviously its difficult to tell what the full spectral balance is like this way. Multiband sounds reasonably fast?

Would you give some more detail on your setup? Are you using mp3/ uncompressed source? Which encoder are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:45 am 

Hi, input is Mp3 (128-320kbps) and some .wma files. (jingles & station ID's)
The LAME encoder is MP3 192kbps / 44.1 Hz.

But to be honest, at this moment i'm stuck with my preset (tweakers block :mrgreen: ) and grab back on the Bojcha "unveil" preset.

Anyway, thank you for your time now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:28 pm 

Ok. Alright. Now i'm back to ask you kindly to listen and give some feedback because i think i finally found the sound i was looking for: Open, clear and with a bit of (replicate) analog touch.

Hope you'll enjoy some time with listening to my stream and i'm really interested in your judgement :-)

Link: http://michielmimpen.nl/no-curse-internet-radio.html