All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:28 pm 

Hello all.

I've been using Stereo Tool with Foobar to convert my flac files to mp3 for live playing and I only use the Stereo Image module, where the only thing I change is the Image Phase Amplifier to 0%, to prevent some sounds from disappearing in the mono setup of some clubs.
I found that if I set Foobar to convert multiple files at once, Stereo Tool crashes, I'm guessing it's because of multiple instances open, so I have to do them all one by one.
If I use the vst version of Stereo Tool, this doesn't happen and I'm able to process and convert multiple files which is waaaay faster.

So, my question is: if I use the vst version with just the Stereo Image module enabled, will I eventually get the "This sound is processed by Stereo Tool..." message?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:36 am 

Probably not, if you bought Stereo Tool, enter the key for the VST plug-in. If you didn't then, you'll get it like crazy every minute or so.

I don't see much interest for a native foobar2000 component that would free people from the flaws of using the Winamp bridge (forced -6 dB) or VST plug-in (loss of settings with some adapters, stability issues with other adapters).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for not responding sooner (I thought I had but now I see I didn't).

The DSP plugin description doesn't describe that it's allowed to open more than one instance... And if you don't allow that you can optimize the code more, so I didn't.

The VST version does allow this, but you need to register it (there's no free version of the VST plugin).