All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm 

Hello,

after I have now tried the normal version of Stereo Tool EXE following question: What is the side chain? Is this similar to the side chain, which is also found in other compressors? So the external drive?

If that is not the same, I ask for clarification. If it does, I have the following request: Is it possible to use this input via the VST plugin? I mean other plugins too have a special side-chain input.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:49 pm 

I ask again for answering my question. Unfortunately there is no help or documentation where the side channel of stereo tool is mentioned.

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:15 pm 

Let's clear some things..
What mean "normal version" of Stereo Tool? That is actually not important since all versions have exact same functions.

"Side chain" is something that allows other filter to parallely work with main "filter" There is 3 of them in ST, and in side chain is EQ! All sidechains are placed under specific filter like AGC, Singleband compressor1 and Singleband compressor2.

They do same thing to any of this filters.

Simple explenation.. if you rise Bass in that sidechained EQ for AGC. that would mean that AGC will react more on bass. Same works for singleband compressors.