All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: In my car.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 pm 

My car stereo has an aux send/return, I use Stereo Tool on a laptop instead of the built in EQ. Mostly I use the pre-amp, bandpass filter (12Hz-22kHz), subtle noise removal, AGC, subtle multiband compressor, and the single band compressor. For this, I don't generally use bass boost, stereo imager, loudness, the final limiter, or the input declipper (which is AWESOME btw). I have had very good results lately also using the new bass AGC along with some mild bass clipping in the multiband compressor, to reduce bass spikes coming out of the AGC.

I use it to tune the output to my speakers, and to improve volume and EQ consistency between songs.

This is a pipe dream, but a touch-screen optimized interface would make this really fun. Then I could run it on one of those in-dash touch displays, e.g. http://www.xenarc.com/product/MDT-X7000.html.

Post subject: Re: In my car.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Now all you need on top of this is a system in your car where you have a numeric keypad on your steering wheel where you can enter artist and song name using SMS-style input ('22'='B') which pronounces the characters that you're tying this way to select a track. That's what Leif has in his car :)
Quote:
This is a pipe dream, but a touch-screen optimized interface would make this really fun.
Soon! (I hope)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 pm 

Just use a smart phone like an Android. You can get all kinds of apps that will let you access your home music files. Just output that into your input/mic port on your laptop. Use that as your input for ST and output to the stereo. Then you could have any kind of touch interface you'd like.

I just run a webcast at home through ST, and use my smartphone to listen to it jacked into my car system. That may be easier. :)

-n4-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:37 am 

Will it be good if i select 50 or 100 tracks and write them with winamp's wav_writer + ST and then compress them and put on my USB drive or SD card, which are supported by my 50€ Clarion Car radio ? ;)