All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm 

I have a question. When it comes to the DeLossifier and highs generation using Absolute Highs; while I do understand that going above 4,096 samples of latency for playback has decreasing quality benefits for the time it takes when playing back, (I've inquired a couple of times about this for other reasons, so not trying to resurrect an old thread or anything :oops: ), it's a different story if you are going to be EQing, compressing, etc. for mixing.

My specific use case is when I get someone who sends me stem tracks in MP3 from an old recording session and doesn't have the original track recordings backed up. Extremely frustrating to be sure! So in these kinds of edge cases, would a higher latency improve the quality of the Absolute Highs and DeLossifier? Once I start EQing and mixing, while the restored stem tracks are certainly better than trying to process and mix MP3 stems (garbage in, garbage out!) the artifacts do still get noticeable fairly quickly, especially if I have to do anything remotely extreme with EQ. There's only so much we can do, and while tools are becoming better, we still can't do magic! :lol:

Thank you so much for your time!!!