All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Car Audio system
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm 

I am running winamp v5.6 with Stereo Tool and I am always tweaking or adjusting one setting or another in an attempt to create awesome sounds.

here's the setup: 2011 Dodge grand caravan
I removed the factory source unit (radio), and I have 2 EQ's, an Audiopipe 9 band, which connects to a kenwood excelon XR400.4, which powers 4 Alpine type R tweeters, and 2 kicker 6.5" competition mid bass drivers, and a JL Audio JX 500.1 monoblock sub amp on 2 400 watt rms 12" Kicker comp vr woofers. And finally, I also have a wet sounds dual zone EQ which sends the signal to a 2nd kenwood XR400.4, and that one powers 4 pioneer home theater speakers on the 1st zone, and 2 PA horns on the 2nd zone for the built in PA , but it also plays audio from the laptop, which feeds the signal to it all. I run everything active with no crossovers between the amp and speakers. After 23 yrs of doing car audio, I can honestly say this is the loudest and cleanest sounding system I have ever put together. My eventual goal is to replace the laptop with a raspberry pi, and go with a touchscreen monitor. I can always use advice, and tips or tricks, and I have a plethora of knowledge about cars so feel free to inquire about anything,lol.