All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Orban Optimod PC-1100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 am 

Hello !

This radio station in Croatia, use Orban Optimod PC-1100 with Gregg Open preset: Here is link: http://85.25.151.118:23613/listen.pls
What you think ? Hans ? I think that sound is cleaner that StereoTool. But, i test last version of StereoTool (3.55) and sound is very good and price is much cheaper than Orban. Excellent product Hans !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Iggy,

Can you give some more details? Such as:
- Is the stream based on an FM signal or is it a "native" web stream (even if they also have an FM stream, that doesn't necessarily mean that the web stream is identical in sound)
- If I look at the signal that I'm getting, it's very soft - that's similar to using NO Loudness in Stereo Tool. With which preset(s) were you comparing?

If I have to guess based on the signal, it's a non-FM signal (which gives brighter and cleaner highs), which most resembles Stereo Tool's "Soft Web Radio (Stereo)" preset (found under "RADIO STATIONS low CPU (soft)")

I must add to this that while checking this I noticed that using the "Final Limiter" to limit the signal (as is done in this preset) sounds less good than setting Loudness to 1.01. When using Loudness instead of the Final Limiter (Loudness also limits), the output has more punch and cleaner and louder highs. That is, if the input signal is already a bit too loud for the Final Limiter filter, otherwise it doesn't do much and there should be (nearly) no effect.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:55 pm 

Hello !

Streaming is native web stream.
Preset is Gregg Open. (default settings).

Source audio card is AudioScience ASI5044 (http://www.audioscience.com/internet/pr ... si504x.htm)
Internet streaming processor is: Orban Opticodec 1100
FM streaming processor is: Orban Optimod 8500

I don't know models of mix pult, audio distributions etc.
I know, for "transformer isolated signal" uses ARX.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 pm 

Hi Iggy ... (pozdrav)

This what i'm getting is pretty much soft and Hans is right.
Quality is surely present.
Maybe you like that kind of sound but almost no processing for that equipment is waste.
Give it some loudnes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm 

We've Also Use PC1100, GREG OPEN Setting Sounds Pretty Good on That Croation Station. Especially Streaming at (256) kbps. Thats gotta be pretty darn costly streaming at that rate..

We Sometimes use PC1100 ,But we've reconfigured the settings and Have our own Signature Sound.. We Also Use Omnia 3FM Turbo, and Omnia One Multicast.. Omnia Slams Orban hands Down When it comes to LowerBand Settings..We've found no match for Omnia's Processing, Earth Shattering Thunder Boom.. I Personally Also Love Orbans Processing as well. Just depends on how agressive we're looking to tweak the audio format