All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 pm 

Druid Hills Radio, AM 1610 in Dade City, Florida is using Stereo Tool,(Stand-alone Version) with Virtual Audio Cable, driven by a Sound Blaster card. The broadcast software is Zara and the transmitter is a Rangemaster. For FCC performance we are driving a 222 processor ahead of the Rangemaster at 100 milliwatts. The AGC in Zara is disabled. The limiter on the 222 is disabled. There is a 20 dB pad between the 222 and the Rangemaster. All settings on the 222 are as per Hamilton.

I am currently using the default AM (US) setting at 5KHZ. The audio is pinched up. I opened up the audio to 10K, no difference.

Any other ideas for settings of this fine piece(s) of software?

Thanks, John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm 

I'm also trying to use it for a medium wave AM broadcast transmitter. A feature that would be very useful is an Asymmetrical Peak Limiter, which is a technique most of the big broadcasters use to increase positive modulation peaks (to increase volume) whilst reducing negative peaks in the audio waveform which can lead to distortion if the transmitter is over-modulated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm also trying to use it for a medium wave AM broadcast transmitter. A feature that would be very useful is an Asymmetrical Peak Limiter, which is a technique most of the big broadcasters use to increase positive modulation peaks (to increase volume) whilst reducing negative peaks in the audio waveform which can lead to distortion if the transmitter is over-modulated.
I've been thinking about that. Actually it should be fairly easy to implement. I'll post this in the requested features section.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:15 am 

I just recently started using Stereo Tool for a part 15 AM station but to be more accurate part 15 AM stereo station. With my transmitter the output seems to be quite good having gone with HIFI rather than very loud.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 am 

I use it with a part 15 AM transmitter.

Just started a topic on it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4245

Was advised to use Stereo Tools by a member on Antique Radio Forums.