All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: New RDS features
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:28 pm 

Hi there!

I like to see support for RT+ and iTunes tagging. iTunes Tagging is supported by the new iPod Nano.

iTUnes tagging is ODA data group 3A, more on that here: http://naob-advocacy.informz.net/naob-a ... 66481.html tech specs are here: http://www.rds.org.uk/download/R05_011_1.pdf

Post subject: Re: New RDS features
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, I had never heard of this, but it seems a very useful extension of the RDS data...

What I can do:
- In the RadioText field, add a way to add markers for the start and end of data. For example: This is \RT+'STA1'My Station\RT-'STA1', now playing \RT+'TIT1'A Song\RT-'TIT1' by \RT+'ART1'+Me\RT-'ART1'

And then I only need to add the RT+ data for the fields that have been used at the start and end of each RadioText transmission.

About the ITunes ID: That seems to be a separate number that's being transmitted, which isn't already present in the RadioText. Would a text field where it can be filled in (similar to the RadioText field, so you can include external files etc.) be sufficient? Where do you normally get the unique code from?

One problem though:
I don't have any hardware that I can use to test it with - do you? And if so, if I create a new version that includes this data, would you be willing to test (probably multiple, possibly a lot of) versions until it works?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:51 pm 

Quote:
Wow, I had never heard of this, but it seems a very useful extension of the RDS data...
One problem though:
I don't have any hardware that I can use to test it with - do you? And if so, if I create a new version that includes this data, would you be willing to test (probably multiple, possibly a lot of) versions until it works?
I have all needed hardware (transmitter, 192k soudcard) and iPod nano for testing. Send me an PM and we discuss further.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 pm 

Any news on this?

"hvz" did you get my PM I sent you a while ago?

/Ken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ken,

Sorry for not responding. Yes, I want to include this functionality as it seems to be very useful. However, at the moment I'm working on some other things (I found a way to reduce the processing latency to about 1/10th of the current latency with nearly no effect on the sound). I will get back at this...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 pm 

So i'm interested in this as well but am currently using a pira 1322 device. (I couldnt get my onboard hd soundcard to put out RDS with ST)
My question is, how do you feed to the RDS generator to output the iTunes spec RDS features. And preferred would be to ditch the pira device and just use ST.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:24 pm 

Hi hvz has there been any update or possible beta opened on this? I'm very interested in implementation of this feature as most newer vehicles can now decrypt RT+ and iTunes spec RDS.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 am 
Site Admin

I'm looking into it now. First part (allowing to mark it in the GUI and detecting blocks and when blocks change) is working now, the encoding itself isn't yet (and it's not really easy, based on what I'm reading). I should really check if my phone supports it... that would definitely help when I want to test it.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ok it works, but only if you use a single RT line. I might fix that later but I can't find the info that I need to do that.

Will be in the next beta (probably tonight)!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:50 am 
Site Admin

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5910&p=29085#p29085