All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: MicroMPX on Raspberry Pi
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:15 am 

Hi,

I decided to test out MicroMPX on the Raspberry Pi using the HifiBerry and DAC+ Pro (with XLR output). When I send audio from a Windows 7-based processor, it sounds very distorted on the air. The same Windows machine sounds great when using its own internally 192 Khz sound card.

The RDS comes through just fine. The audio sounds like it is being clipped somewhere, although the levels on the output of the Raspberry Pi are where they should be.

Are there command line items to try for the Raspberry Pi version? Any suggestions on tracking down the distortion?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:18 pm 

Quote:
Hi,

I decided to test out MicroMPX on the Raspberry Pi using the HifiBerry and DAC+ Pro (with XLR output). When I send audio from a Windows 7-based processor, it sounds very distorted on the air. The same Windows machine sounds great when using its own internally 192 Khz sound card.

The RDS comes through just fine. The audio sounds like it is being clipped somewhere, although the levels on the output of the Raspberry Pi are where they should be.

Are there command line items to try for the Raspberry Pi version? Any suggestions on tracking down the distortion?

Thanks in advance.
This looks to be a problem with the 9.20 build. I tried version 9.11 of the receiver and all works well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:29 pm 

Yes, same problems here. Version 9.11 works fine, newest version sounds distorted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm 

Quote:
Yes, same problems here. Version 9.11 works fine, newest version sounds distorted
A new 9.21 build is up on the download site and it works fine now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry, I think I broke something in the 9.20 build. Which is fixed again now indeed. I rewrote some code for Stereo Tool which was also used inside MicroMPX - but I overlooked that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm 

When I download the latest version from the Download section I get an error when executing the program. (I have done chmod for execute)

The older version (911) works fine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
When I download the latest version from the Download section I get an error when executing the program. (I have done chmod for execute)

The older version (911) works fine
Can you try again? I just found out yesterday that there was a mixup in the uploads - I added x86 Linux builds but unfortunately they had the same name :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:24 pm 

This works great now.

I have one question and a feature request. How does the backup file work? What format works?

As a feature - it would be great if we could use a M3U playlist to point to a set of MP3's that would play (and repeat) on disconnect.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm 

It can only be wav or flac, one channel at 192000Hz samplerate, containing full MPX. MicroMPX does not contain an FM modulator so playing MP3's is not going to work. You can use WatchCat to generate an MPX file, though (see https://www.stereotool.com/download/).