All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:16 pm 

Hello all,

I'm playing a little bit with stereo tool, but I noticed the following:

I adjusted pilot level on 7,5kHz and rds on 4,5kHz without playing music, when I started to play music, both levels decreased, pilot to 2 a 3 kHz and rds to 1 a 2 kHz..
Also, when I adjusted both levels the same but with playing music, when there was silence afterwards, both levels go skyhigh.
I both tested with last beta and with the released 7.84.

When I look at other radio stations I can receive, it looks lite it is not a normal behaviour, it looks like there the pilot and rds level don't increase that mucht when there is silence, although I can not clearly test it because there is not much silence on normal radio stations :lol:

Does anyone know what can cause this behaviour?

I'm testing with:

Laptop(I7) with windows 10 and Realtek set to 192khz 16bits output
RVR PTX 30 LCD
And for measuring a Profline SFD tuner

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Please check that in Windows any processing settings that the sound card has are DISABLED. That's the only explanation I can think of. I would expect that the sound is probably also pretty horrible now!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Please check that in Windows any processing settings that the sound card has are DISABLED. That's the only explanation I can think of. I would expect that the sound is probably also pretty horrible now!
All the processing settings in Windows are already disabled, sound is also not horrible if I set the pilot to 7,5kHz when playing music, but the pilot is also not stable but is fluctuating a lot.
I will see if an other pc that I have has a 192kHz capable output and test with that one to see if it will make a difference.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 pm 

Are you sure this effect is actually from the source rather than the receiver?
Maybe monitor the generated mpx directly to check?
Also, have you checked the input sensitivity / gain staging is ok before / at the transmitter?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:05 pm 

Seems like it is caused by my (new)laptop, on an other pc with E-mu 0404 usb sound card it's working fine.
It seems impossible to uninstall dell drivers and maxx audio and use the "bare" realtec drivers on my laptop with windows 10, everytime I try and reboot the original driver is reinstalled again, even though I disabled that option in windows.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:06 am 

I have had the same issue when i upgraded to Windows 10 on my aging "gaming" laptop - it would install a touchpad driver version that would kill scrolling, every restart. If you dig deep enough there is an option to disable automatic driver updating - if you have trouble locating it reply and i will point it out to you. I have disabled that 4 months ago and my touchpad driver has not changed by itself since.