All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: RDS configuration help!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:22 pm 

I wonder if it is possible for the RDS configuration for a particular time of day? For example 8:00 am passes the program information on the air at this time; Cheerful morning.
24:00 News of the region
13:00 young animation
And so on?

Note: I did not find the option to enable the date, ie the date appears for radio receivers! It is possible this function beyond the hour?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:58 pm 

Scheduling can be done with external software: Stereo Tool can be set to poll configuration files continuously. Then all you have to do is to make sure you modify, maybe with automated scripts, the configuration file according to your needs at the time you need the changes to rollout. They will be committed immediately (or with a very little delay). You can test this functionality manually, just put the polling mode on and point it to a file and make changes with Notepad (or similar), save the file and see (or hear!) them happening :) Then all you have to do is to automate this file write/replace process.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

That does indeed work, another option is to use UECP. Any UECP client that supports automation can be used to send the info to Stereo Tool - if you want it can even do it from a different pc. Many playout systems support UECP, if yours does you can easily couply them this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:51 pm 

Can ST read the txt file from an FTP server on the same machine?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Can ST read the txt file from an FTP server on the same machine?
If it's available on the local harddisk, then yes. Don't use an address that starts with something like ftp:// or something - that either won't work or it will cause hiccups. The file *needs* to be on the local harddisk.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:56 am 

Yes, that seems to be the next challenge for me. My metadata manager doesn't support UECP; I'm going to try to setup an ftp type server that will automatically update a text file on my ST machine when same file is updated on my automation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:49 am 

We read our RDS data from files... just get them to the machine running the software any way you can.

FTP, scripted, HTTP Pull, use BatchSync if you have to.

Put a routine checking script in place to make sure the local file is being updated at least (x) times per hour so it raises an alarm if the data is old.

You can also use the same mechanism to hide your now playing information and feed online streams, works well.