All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Raspberry Pi?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Just set one slider completely wrong (for example, set Post Amp way above 0 dB) and you should hear it immediately.
Unfortunately, it seems stereotool just bridges the in.pcm and out.pcm without actually processing :(

I run it like this:

nohup /stereo/stereo_tool_pi2 /stereo/fifo/in.pcm /stereo/fifo/out.pcm -s /stereo/some_really_crazy_settings.sts &

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Try --verbose to see what it does.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:13 am 

Quote:
Try --verbose to see what it does.
Odd. It appears as if is working. Builds up buffers and then starts playing out. Image. This is what you would expect, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:44 am 
Site Admin

So, how did you determine that it doesn't?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:18 pm 

Quote:
Followed your advice and screwed up a lot of settings in the sts file. But it is possible I didn't screw the right settings. Will try it again now, will try to limit bandwidth to telephone quality and will report back.

Otherwise, it is running surprisingly stable. I see in top that steretool takes only 1% of CPU and 18.8% of MEM.

I so hope it is processing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:51 pm 

Quote:

Unfortunately, indeed it is not processing. Compared the output to the output of same settings when run on a wav file directly to soundcard. First of all, the audio is clearly different, but also - as you expected - when processing, ST uses up 100% of the CPU (and stutters on anything more complicated than a single process/filter).

So, false hope :). I will try running all processing on the central server, and Pi2 will be just be last-mile automation without audio processing.

Thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:37 am 

i don't understand but i downloaded several files for the pi2 but it doesn't worked to get it installed, so they are in folder
/home/pi/downloads, then i change the permissions in properties so execute is anyone..
I execute but nothing happens ?

What i'm doing wrong ?

jackd is installed and running...

I installes also VLC so i can play streams..sound is coming out on speaker out when i'm selecting analogue audio out...

I tryed to connect steinberg usb UR12 for the audio , i don't see the device in the list with audio devices, but led is on and when i opened a stream on VLC i can select the Steinberg UR12 as audio output, sound is coming out also...so far so good, in windows i need to select in the driver the 192khz, how to do it in linux...thats for later...

First i need to now how to install the file....

Thanxs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:28 am 
Site Admin

Which file did you install? The GUI or the command line version? And how do you start it? By typing ./stereo_tool_gui in the terminal window? If you do that and something goes wrong you should at least get some logging.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:24 pm 

i try all what i can find, all give the same result...use terminal window with or without ./

i get illegal instruction with al the files i tryed....becauced i cant copy pste picture directly you find it here

http://imgur.com/boA4Vsd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

O, I would expect that error if you try to run it on a Raspberry 1 (because Stereo Tool uses NEON instructions, and the 1 doesn't have NEON).

Can you check the file size, to make sure it didn't get broken during the download?
ls -al stereo_tool_pi2_gui

If the size is ok (14886910 bytes), can you start it with gdb to see if that says something useful?
gdb stereo_tool_pi2_gui
run

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next