All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm 

Hello everyone. I have a question - would like to find out more how to connect a computer with Stereotool onboard with the transmitter, using transmitter's MPX input (BNC). What do you think about Marian Trace Pro soundcard? Does it work okay with ST? It seems to have BNC out, so will it be enough just to connect it directly to the transmitters BNC input, and RDS with FM stereo is going to work?
One more question - i read in help pages, that the transmitter must be mono. Well, our transmitter is stereo, so is it going to work properly if we simply turn the stereo off? Or a transmitter must be mono from the start (not capable to work in stereo?)
Thank you

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:55 pm 

Hi...
I saw you have different question here ..http://www.claessonedwards.com/forum/vi ... f=5&t=2550

Anyway..
Marian Trace Alpha is best choice to feed MPX into transmitter! But it does not have BNC connector(s)! Not really important, it has 6.3mm jacks so you just need to convert that.

Stereo Coder in transmitter MUST be off and all pre-emphasis stuff! So you need pure MPX input on transmitter.
One more thing what You need to do is just to adjust modulation to 75kHz (100%)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm 

The reason why I am on that forum too is becase we still haven't decided which processor to use in the fiture, because they both are really nice!
I asked differnet questions there becase I didn't think of using MPX input then, I first thought of using left and right channels.. why I asked that question about connection to transmitter through MPX here on this site... I don't know, maybe because here there is the whole forum dedicated to transmitters, so... :))

I am still evaluating all possible variants... Maybe we won't be placing a PC near transmitter at all, and will replace it with Barix Exstramer 500, doing all the processing in the studio (no RDS then with ST....)

Then, what kind of connector could you advice from 6.3mm jacks to BNC? I never used BNC connectors before...
Maybe something like this? --
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/trs35m ... p-561.html

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:23 pm 

That is 3.5mm, you need 6.3mm-to-bnc.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm 

Well, I am aware it's 6.3mm... that was just an approximate example.. byt the way I read through Marian Trace Alpha manual a little, and noticed that it has two TRS 6.3mm outputs, left and right. So this connection cable must be two mono jacks going to one BNC.. :? Do such cables exist at all, or we will have to solder one? The thing is, I don't know how to set up it, maybe you know the scheme? In which way to solder together two mono jacks to one BNC?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:53 pm 

You can use both output channels, but i always recommend to use one (L or R).

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 pm 

Quote:
i always recommend to use one (L or R).
You want to say that we'll hear FM stereo only using only one output of audio card - left or right?... that's strange, how can this be?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:41 pm 

We are talking about MPX output from soundcard to transmitter, right?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 pm 

ah, indeed... i forgot about it's being MPX, not regular audio :) I am not an expert in this, esxuse me :)) well, now it seems I understand how to make a connection

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 am 

Hi Guys,
I had a similar question. Just to clarify.. the ST MPX signal will be coming out of both the L & R sides of the soundcard. Choose either one to go into the transmitter.., correct?
Thanks,
Michael