All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 am 

Hi;
my system is;
StereoTool (left/right outputs)==> RVR Stereo Coder (mpx output)==> RVR Exciter=Transmitter

i will not use StereoTool's stereo coder.Also need i calibrate for FM Transmitter?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 am 

Hi qsqs,

In short you do not need to adjust anything on that front.
Make sure that you also do not select RDS since that will not work -> 15KHz LPF

If you have a suitable audiocard that can handle 192KHz samplingrate you can skip the RVR and have perfect stereo and RDS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:33 am 

Quote:
Hi qsqs,

If you have a suitable audiocard that can handle 192KHz samplingrate you can skip the RVR and have perfect stereo and RDS.
i dont understand...i have m-audio delta 44 sound card...i am not sure.I cant calibrate Stereo Tool.
sorry for my english:)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi qsqs,

i dont understand...i have m-audio delta 44 sound card...i am not sure.I cant calibrate Stereo Tool.

It seems that the m-audio can only do 96kHz and not 192KHz so you can't fully use it for MPX and RDS. So m-audio to stereocoder it will be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi qsqs,

It seems that the m-audio can only do 96kHz and not 192KHz so you can't fully use it for MPX and RDS. So m-audio to stereocoder it will be.
İ dont use rds... İf i use m-audio(while stereo tool processing is on, 50 pre is off) to rvr stereo coder.is there any problem or bad sound ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 am 
Site Admin

If you're using this card, you need the external stereo coder.

Now the next question is: Does this stereo coder also do pre-emphasis?

If not, you need to put pre-emphasized sound into the stereo coder. In Stereo Tool that means: Pre-emphasis ON, pre-emphasize output also ON, 50us.

If it does, you need to turn pre-emphasize output OFF, but leave pre-emphasis ON. The end result is less reliable in this case (because it depends on how precise the pre-emphasis curve in the hardware is).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 am 

He already said he is using hardware stereo coder..
So L/R from soundcard, 44.1 or 48kHz to stereo coder. No need for any calibration, just choice of preset.

Also .. it's much better to use Stereo Coder from ST (needed 192kHz soundcard) .. since i know that your stereo coder does not have MPX clipper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am 

Quote:
He already said he is using hardware stereo coder..
So L/R from soundcard, 44.1 or 48kHz to stereo coder. No need for any calibration, just choice of preset.

Also .. it's much better to use Stereo Coder from ST (needed 192kHz soundcard) .. since i know that your stereo coder does not have MPX clipper.
Thanks
i cant find Alpha Trace sound card in Turkey...than i will buy Esi Juli@..
For my calibrate question; please follow viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4048

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:08 am 

Dump all the RVR pre-exciter/STL equipment, simply feed the output of a Juli@ card directly into the MPX input on the RVR. If you've had a RVR stereo-gen, then the pilot on the exciter/STL should be disabled.

In short, you really do everything in software.

Line up is easy and you should not need any deviation monitoring equipment, assuming your equipment was correctly previously lined up . If a RVR exciter/STL, simply mark the peak deviation bar with a marking pen on the tx, this will be your reference for aligning the levels out of Stereo Tool.

Good luck!