All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 am 

Hello Friends,

I have a question how to use Stereo Tool Standalone proc. audio with a FM transmitter (30watt RVR) using the internal stereo encoder.
Audio input XLR.
Setup: PC with basic trial version. Audio interface Presonus Audiobox 96. I know you can do full fm with a 192 khz interface.
But thats not the setup right now. Only L-R audio to L-R input of the transmitter.
Using HD output gives overshoots. Whats the best settings for feeding the transmitter inputs without overshoots.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
mAbel

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 am 

Exactly how you already tried, L/R output from soundcard (HD output in ST) to transmitter L/R input. And yes, it will always give you overshot since transmitter has NO protection for MPX, unless you set really low L/R level.
If transmitter have protection limit for MPX, you should activate that, and adjust mpx level.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:55 am 

Quote:
Exactly how you already tried, L/R output from soundcard (HD output in ST) to transmitter L/R input. And yes, it will always give you overshot since transmitter has NO protection for MPX, unless you set really low L/R level.
If transmitter have protection limit for MPX, you should activate that, and adjust mpx level.
Thank you very much Bojcha.
So my setup is ok only there is no protection for MPX active on the transmitter itself.
There is an internal jumper for limiting i think.
Though it had something to do with bandpass freq control ect ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:49 pm 

Yes, i forgot that, sure LPF upto 16kHz and HPF to 38Hz

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm 

LPF upto 16kHz and HPF to 38Hz perfect.

Bojcha now you have transmitters with Livewire input.
Stereo Tool have LiveWire input , but not on the output section right.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:00 pm 

Quote:

Idk i never use that. Also how is that important for your case? you have network from PC to transmitter site? Is your system livewire? if not, then not important. There is other and even free solutions for audio-over-ip.
For what i see you better find way how to connect ST MPX output to transmitter, then how to provide L/R to that ST.
Livewire is on ST input only because it's assumed that you connected MPX output as only proper way.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:35 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Idk i never use that. Also how is that important for your case? you have network from PC to transmitter site? Is your system livewire? if not, then not important. There is other and even free solutions for audio-over-ip.
For what i see you better find way how to connect ST MPX output to transmitter, then how to provide L/R to that ST.
Livewire is on ST input only because it's assumed that you connected MPX output as only proper way.
We are busy to upgrade our studio's with Axia LW. Processor is an old Omnia One FM (20 years).
TX is in the same location. I want to use LW to ST input and feed the tx directly from the audio interface with MPX.
Depends on the ST options we gonna purchase.
Building the processor.
Rackmount case , Supermicro i7 mobo , Presonus 24C DAC.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We are busy to upgrade our studio's with Axia LW. Processor is an old Omnia One FM (20 years).
TX is in the same location. I want to use LW to ST input and feed the tx directly from the audio interface with MPX.
Depends on the ST options we gonna purchase.
Building the processor.
Rackmount case , Supermicro i7 mobo , Presonus 24C DAC.
Let me tell you Bojcha. Your sound presets sounds great. Av Joe and BigFlex6. Still need to test the other presets. While testing with studio monitors you can hear Hans " this is Stereo Tool ..." :lol:
You have been busy for days working on these presets. Good job..salute