All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:11 am 

Hello!

I recently purchased Stereo tool to learn the basics of audio processing and use it in the future with my radio station. When I enabled the Encode RDS toggle, the sound becomes instantly mono and highs get either cut or very decreased. Thanks to everybody in advance if you help me fix the problem. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:45 am 

Quote:
Hello!

I recently purchased Stereo tool to learn the basics of audio processing and use it in the future with my radio station. When I enabled the Encode RDS toggle, the sound becomes instantly mono and highs get either cut or very decreased. Thanks to everybody in advance if you help me fix the problem. :mrgreen:
Make sure you are using the correct Frequency set AF for your transmitter, and that you are using your country's pre-emphasis levels, the default is 50 uS. (N.A uses 75 uS, RDS Volume is at 4.5%. Check your soundcard to see if it supports 192Khz.
hopefully that will resolve your issue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello!

Make sure you are using the correct Frequency set AF for your transmitter, and that you are using your country's pre-emphasis levels, the default is 50 uS. (N.A uses 75 uS, RDS Volume is at 4.5%. Check your soundcard to see if it supports 192Khz.
hopefully that will resolve your issue.
Hello! I made sure everything is set the way it should be. Encode Stereo is also on. My PC is a HP ProDesk 600 G1 and does pretty well on processing the audio at normal output with stereo. But when I enable the FM Output, it gets Mono from the Stereo Tool, not just the transmitter. It is obvious just by monitoring the FM Output in Audacity. And I don't know how to fix it. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:00 am 

I found this, it might help..
https://iask.ai/?mode=question&q=In+Ste ... +to+adjust.+

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:33 pm 

It might not, because the problem is from Stereo Tool, not my transmiter itself. When I play anything without Stereo Tool's RDS enabled, it is stereo and plays stereo on the transmitter. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:43 am 

What transmitter do you have? You might need to do some calibration.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:51 pm 

Quote:
What transmitter do you have? You might need to do some calibration.
It's a mini FM transmitter (20mW) from China. It has built-in pre-emphasis and does the job well. When I'm using the free software JMPX for RDS encoding, it also makes the sound mono, but by using two virtual audio cables, plus both Stereo Tool and JMPX combined, I get both RDS from JMPX (static unfortunately) and great stereo sound with my preset and HD Output from Stereo Tool. The way I used to make the encoding was to play the raw audio in Cable 1, then Stereo Tool processes it and outputs it through Cable 2, then JMPX modulates and encodes the RDS to Speakers output. Unfortunately this is also mono, so what I do now is playing the raw audio in Cable 1 and process it with Stereo Tool, but output to Speakers, then the same with Cable 2 (no audio) and adding the RDS to Speakers with JMPX. I still can't find a way to make both stereo and RDS in Stereo Tool. I also tried different versions - from 9,63, to 10.10 every one. Plus with, and without my preset. None of these worked.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:04 am 

Get transmitter with pure MPX input and everything will work, ditch that one to trash. Also stop assuming something else is wrong.