All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: About the RDS texts
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:20 pm 

Hi Hans, thanks for all help, all works fine and bugless. Only thing that bothers me are the "<" and ">" symbols wich some stations use in their RDS. Before StereoTool i used other Rds software (wont mention it to prevent advise, but it was full of bugs..), and they worked on the rds title, wich was <PLAYFM> with the < and > symbols, but with StereoTool when i try to add them the all text disapears. Is there a way to put the < and > in the RDS text? I really like them to show on the RDS. Ty in advance,

Regards, half

Post subject: Re: About the RDS texts
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Oops... I'm using the < and > characters to indicate scrolling. Now that wouldn't be such a big problem (adding ":" in front of the text separates markup from the text itself), but now I see that the < behind a : is still being removed.

Will put this on my todo list. (I have a few more urgent problems, including a crash, which I need to fix first).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:33 pm 

Ok, thank you for looking into it and I will whait for the new release, of course take your time.
And oh, the 3,12 standalone crashed twice last hight and the program was off the desktop and tray, but the process remained in the task maneger useing 70% cpu lol, without working. When I stopped it and turned stereo tool on again, all was fine. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

Geez, something is really wrong with that stand alone version...

I can only hope that all the crashes have the same cause...

Which OS and sound card do you use?

By the way: Were you using the test version that I posted a few days ago, or the released version? (I know I shouldn't have named them both 3.12...). If it's the test version, it did contain a bug which might trigger crashes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am 
Site Admin

Tssk... I REALLY need to write that RDS texts manual quickly, I'm starting to forget how it works myself...

Yes, there is a way of adding the symbols < and >

Just put a \ in front of it.

So:

\<\<RDS\>\>

The same way you can also add other special characters, such as :, / and of course \ itself...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:33 pm 

Quote:
Which OS and sound card do you use?

By the way: Were you using the test version that I posted a few days ago, or the released version? (I know I shouldn't have named them both 3.12...). If it's the test version, it did contain a bug which might trigger crashes.
Same as before: XP service pack 2, and the Realtec ALC883@nVIDIA MCP61 HD Audio, sound fixed to 192khz sampling rate like on that pic i posted earlyer. I was useing the test version, will install the new in a minute.

Edit: I just installed the new 3,13 standalone and put the "\<\< and \>\>" and the rds works like you said.
Thanks for all the help, half