All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 am 

Hi everybody.
I'm trying to use Magic RDS to command Stereo Tool's integrated RDS. Magic RDS software is configured to read a remote website and look for the current song. Then it sends it as RT+. After 3 minutes, if the song hasn't changed (or if internet connection is lost), it displays a default radiotext message until a new song is found.
It works perfectly if I use a Pira RDS encoder. However, when used with Stereotool, RT+ is sent without any problem, but the default radiotext message is altered. For example, if the default message is " Magic default RadioText ", it will become " +00M-agic default RadioText ". Could it be due to switching between RT+ and "normal" radiotext ?
Any help would be appreciated !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:16 pm 

Oh by the way I have forgotten to say that I’m using 8.54. But I had the same problem with older versions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hm, I don't see it here (in 8.54) so I'm guessing it must somehow be related to how you setup MagicRDS. I don't see any RT+ settings in it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:53 pm 

Hi Hans, thanks for taking time to answer. MagicRDS allows to use RT+ : http://www.pira.cz/rds/show.asp?art=guide_text_11
Actually RT+ is sent properly and decoded well by my receiver. Only problem is when coming back to normal Radiotext (stored in a local file), the +00 - string gets added. Do you want me to send my MagicRDS settings to you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am 

Ok so I’ve found a way to avoid the problem. I’ve modified the “static” normal radiotext so that it contains “ - “. This way, it is sent as a RT+ message and it is displayed correctly. For example : “TEST FM - The best radio” will be sent as Artist : TEST FM and Song : The best radio. It works fine but it would be nice if I could make it work without “cheating” like this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:40 am 

Hi! I see you’ve been working on RDS recently. Did you have time to look at this problem ? Thanks a lot for your work !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:28 pm 

That is true, I can confirm that. If you have enabled RT+ in Magic RDS, +00 will show anytime you don't have separator.

Regards!