All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:53 am 

I found on the internet the release of the Omnia SST and would you like to know if it is better than the current Stereo Tool? From the little that I read it is like an ST in only created for the Telos, Hans explains to us, is it better or not than the ST? Do you accept any audio card as long as it's 192 kHz, or not? I wonder why I found the price interesting 1900 dollars after all an Omnia 9 does not know for the same of 10,000 dollars!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

The list price for Omnia SST is $1395, not $1900. I've already seen it offered online for less... Where did you see that price?

SST has a number of improvements on top of Stereo Tool:
  • Lower latency - you can get it down to 5.3 ms, analog input to analog MPX output, with declipper, composite clipper and everything else enabled. It is built on a new processing framework which has far less artifacts at lower latency settings. In Stereo Tool, if you set the latency to the lowest setting (512 samples, about 16 ms analog input to analog MPX output), you will hear weird bass harmonics at unexpected frequencies. SST doesn't have that. You still do have less control over bass than at higher latencies, but the really obnoxious off-tune sounds are not there. So you can go down to 128 samples instead of 512. (It basically sounds better at any latency, but I don't think anyone will notice any difference at setting 4096).
  • Easier and slicker HTML5-based GUI. See the screenshots online.
  • MicroMPX encoding and one decoder is included. You can use this to stream the full MPX signal including pilot and RDS with perfect peak control and maintaining left/right peaks above 100% from studio to transmitter over a lower bitrate connection - you need about 320 kbit/s for a good sound (if really necessary you can go a bit lower).
  • You can add the Delossifier to FM licenses (that won't be possible anymore for Stereo Tool soon).
  • Special SST processing presets made by processing experts at Omnia.
On top of these things you can call the Omnia help desk or your local dealer if you have problems.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm 

Hello Hanz you were right I saw the wrong price thats right kkk, so it pays to get the Omnia SST, with the AudioScience 5810 audio card, because I did not find the 5811.
I'm asking why I need to invest in a processor for FM Radio, ST or the Omnia SST, I'm half-naked, and I use analog link to take the audio from the studio to the transmitter, and I really liked ST, but wanted something to last a long time , Was at the top of the processors.

Can I use Omnia SST for both in-studio encoder and non-exciter decoder? That is, would you need two SSTs, to get everything within 320 kbs (ip)?
"uMPX Features:
OmniaSST is the first product to generate and decode Omnia’s proprietary µMPX™ multiplex audio codec that allows you to transport high-quality Multiplexed FM signals over a small 320kbps data pipe. Reduced data requirements mean high-quality multiplexed audio can be economically routed from an audio processor, over IP, and directly into an exciter, opening completely new possibilities for studio to transmitter links. "

What if the AudioScience 5810 would be ideal, or would the Trace Alpha be ideal for SST?

I was thinking of putting together a PC with a Core i7, 8 ram and a samsung pro M.2 SSD that read in 2.0 GBs and writes in 1.4 GBs, would it be ideal or would another setup achieve the lowest latency? Because I wanted to use the air monitor in the audio console

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

1. Be careful which card you buy, you need the latest generation (just becoming available now!) of the AudioScience card. I'm not sure if they updated both cards! (I can check)

2. You are half naked?! Too much information - did you mean something else? :)

3. SST + MicroMPX comes with 1 decoder included. So on one end you run SST (with built-in encoder), at the other end you run the MicroMPX decoder. So you only need to buy 1.

4. Trace Alpha works fine too. Any card that works with Stereo Tool should also work with SST. If you use MicroMPX, you need to use that card in the system that runs MicroMPX.

5. System sounds good, you don't need that much RAM and a fast SSD - that won't affect the latency or anything else (Maybe the startup time). MicroMPX is very light weight and will run on anything, basically.

6. MicroMPX will add latency. With SST by itself you can get down to about 5.3 ms (at a quality cost). You can also use the SST low latency monitoring output.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:08 am 

Sorry, I did not know much about it.

Well I found this audio card because in the SST manual says AudioScience ASI5811, but I only found on this site the ASI5810:

http://www.bswusa.com/PCI-Audio-Interfa ... 12049.aspx

If this does not serve this audio card, with Marian Trace Alpha I would not miss anything in relation to ASI 5811, in the quality aspect?

The RDS in ST can I configure with TXT files replacing the same ones automatically by DOS command, in Omnia SST this is also possible?

So what is the perfect hardware to be the SST in the best possible quality and the lowest latency? Ideal processor corei i3 x i5 x i7 ?; memory ram ?, ssd or HD? ASI 5810 x Trace Alpha?

Summarizing with the SST process how many FM broadcasters and how many streaming?

Is the current version of ST better or better than Omnia SST?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:48 am 

Pardon me butting in but:

Hans, is there any plans to move Stereo Tool over to the new processing framework?

C.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Well I found this audio card because in the SST manual says AudioScience ASI5811, but I only found on this site the ASI5810:

http://www.bswusa.com/PCI-Audio-Interfa ... 12049.aspx
The 810 would make more sense anyway since you probably don't need a microphone amplifier... I'll ask. -> Mail sent.
Quote:
If this does not serve this audio card, with Marian Trace Alpha I would not miss anything in relation to ASI 5811, in the quality aspect?
Not really, the AudioScience card supports AES/EBU with resampling etc, and - according to tests that were done by someone at Telos - the Marian card had a high noise floor. Which would not at all match with the specs, so it might have been a broken card or something like that. If you don't need AES/EBU the Marian card should be fine.
Quote:
The RDS in ST can I configure with TXT files replacing the same ones automatically by DOS command, in Omnia SST this is also possible?
Yes.
Quote:
So what is the perfect hardware to be the SST in the best possible quality and the lowest latency? Ideal processor corei i3 x i5 x i7 ?; memory ram ?, ssd or HD? ASI 5810 x Trace Alpha?
For the lowest latency mode, you need twice (!) the CPU load of Stereo Tool. Which means that you need to have enough - and fast - cores. You probably shouldn't enably 'Multicore' mode (ow crap... you can't set that yet.. I have to change that automatically -> Added to todo list for the next build!). If you want to use Low Latency monitoring (similar to Stereo Tool, but also using the new framework so it sounds way better), make sure you have cores available for that as well.
Quote:
Summarizing with the SST process how many FM broadcasters and how many streaming?
Inputs and outputs are basically the same as in Stereo Tool, at least for now.
Quote:
Is the current version of ST better or better than Omnia SST?
SST has all the improvements mentioned above, beside that they are basically the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Pardon me butting in but:

Hans, is there any plans to move Stereo Tool over to the new processing framework?

C.
No, not any time soon. If you want that, you need to get SST.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:35 pm 

Hans,

When you show Stereo Tool changes they include SST so is SST part of Stereo Tool?

CHANGES:
- SST: Preset list was empty on first start
- SST: Multiple MicroMPX output IP addresses and ports CN.
- SST: Launch browser automatically on first start.
- SST: Improved startup screen.
- SST: Currently active presets highlighted
- SST: Prepared for longer list of MicroMPX IP/ports (partially there)
- SST: Clicking on meters in top bar takes you to the page directly
- SST: Top bar meter that corresponds with active screen is highlighted.
- MicroMPX decoder: Shows more startup info and waits for pressing ENTER at end (since it's command line, better if someone clicks on it)
- MicroMPX decoder: Improved handling of out-of-order and lost packets.

C.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:24 pm 

So today with ST 8.0 and an Marian Alpha Trace as an audio card will I have the same quality as the Omnia SST?

Does the AudioScience ASI5810 work on the Omnia SST?