All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: small sound file cut off
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 am 

I'm using the winamp version of stereo tool. It works great except that if I play small sound files it tends to cut them off or skip over them. Usually the sound files are less than 5 to 10 seconds, this happens with waves and mp3. Anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome ktacia,

The processing in Stereo Tool causes a delay in the sound. Due to that, when a track is finished and the next starts, the end (upto over 1 second!) of the track is prepended to the start of the new track.

Because Winamp adds a pause in between tracks (unless you've enabled gapless playback), I have added a configuration item in Stereo Tool that - if turned on - lets Stereo Tool detect such gaps, and clear the data that's still in the buffers at that moment.

What you can do:
1. Turn this configuration item off: Go to "Configure audio and display", then clear the flag before "Clear buffer if no data arrives for".
2. The new version of Stereo Tool (coming soon) has a greatly reduced delay in the sound (less than 0.1 second at maximum quality, vs. upto almost 1.5 seconds in v4.22). A beta version is available in the News section of the forum. Switching to that version should help a lot (at most 0.1 seconds should be removed, even if you leave the "Clear buffer..." enabled.)