All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 am 

Bojcha, I believe you have one of these cards. I'm curious about the driver,which is apparently a 'multi-client' driver. Do you know, if you have two instances of ST both set to ASIO, where one ST instance MPX out is set in ST to feed the Trace Alpha left output channel, and the 2nd ST instance MPX output is set to use the Trace Alpha right channel output - does this work on the single Alpha card without any sync/dropout issues? This does not work at all using an ESI Julia. Cheers AJ.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:44 am 

That's possible on any soundcard. Problem is not output, but input. What will be source(s) ?

edit: will try on both juli@ and trace alpha.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:53 am 

Quote:
That's possible on any soundcard. Problem is not output, but input. What will be source(s) ?

edit: will try on both juli@ and trace alpha.
Source for both instances I tried was the Axia Livewire multichannel AoIP driver under WinXpProSP3. Different Livewire sources for each instance. Trying this on the Juila card (which was probably six months ago now), I recall it was a complete mess - just constant drop outs.

edit: I had just assumed this was because the Julia did not like having two seperate ASIO clients (2 ST instances), but the Alpha "multi-client' driver may be different - I don't know. ASIO is currently the only option available in ST to select/drive a single channel on the MPX output.

Last edited by Storm905 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 am 

Ah ok.. i once tryed AxiaIP driver.. :)

Try to use "DirectWire" from Juli@'s mixer for input 1 (livewire1), like this..
http://i.imgur.com/wJRO1.png

For second input (liwewire 2) you need to use repeater (livewire source 2 to Julia 3/4), then 'DirectWire' MME 3/4 out to 3/4 Asio IN..

so, ST1 will use 1/2 for input and ST2 will use 3/4 for input..

For repeater use this http://www.ceaudio.com/beta/AudioResampler.zip
It's very stable and yuo can adjust it to auto start with system.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 am 

Quote:

For second input (liwewire 2) you need to use repeater (livewire source 2 to Julia 3/4), then 'DirectWire' MME 3/4 out to 3/4 Asio IN..

OK thanks, I'll try that. The latency introduced by the repeater *may* be an issue, I'll need to check. For a single instance, I've been using Axia Livewire ASIO driver as source to ST, then a Julia via ASIO as a single output - this has worked well to date.

How about the Marian Trace Alpha?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 am 

I must check that (i have it in my PC at work)

For repeater .. you can achive very low latency with Kernel Streeaming (KS) since this repeater support it. (just be sure to have lowest jitter as possible)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:21 am 

Quote:
I must check that (i have it in my PC at work)
Thank you for checking that. I'm interested in moving to an Alpha (One card - 2 MPX outputs - 2 ST instances) for its dc / no tilt output.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:31 am 

i understand...
btw, i found some strange bugs with drivers for alpha. It mostly occures when you have higher CPU load, like priority for drivers is low and it starts to stutter on recording outputs (not main outputs)
One of reasons that it is still not on our transmitter.

- Latest Marian Trace drivers also uses latest "Asio version" and luckily Stereo Tool supports it ;)
- There is still no 64btt drivers. Recently they updated "Seraph" series with 64bit drivers, so i guess soon Trace will be covered.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:53 am 

Two ST instances with FM/MPX out - it will be kind of hard to avoid high cpu load ;) Have you experienced that issue with the latest Alpha Asio driver you mentioned? Is that the only issue stopping you putting it on air? I had assumed that for a dedicated ST pc there is no significant benefit running 64 bit.

Has anyone else experienced Bojcha's issues with ST and the Marian driver? Thanks AJ.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:14 am 

Quote:

Just to clarify, as I currently use the AXia ASIO driver directly as the input to ST and then select just a single ASIO channel in ST as the MPX output (using Julia), what is that prevents me setting up a 2nd ST instance in the same way but selecting in ST the cards other output channel? Is this just because the Julia does not have a 'multiclient' driver like the Alpha?