All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stand alone stereo tool
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:47 pm 

Hello all , we have set up Playit on out playout PC and have a dedicated PC for stereo tool. We have a Trace Alpha card in the stereo tool pc. How do i connect the playout to the stereo tool is it a simple Out to in Jack on the sound cards. How do i then broadcast to the transmitter from stereo tool PC thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm 

Hi,

First you need to get the audio from the playout PC to the Stereo Tool PC. This can be an analogue cable from the output of the playout PC to the input of the processing PC. It could also be digital (audio over IP). Keep in mind that bad cables or cheap sound cards (like onboard sound chips) may cause hums or other types of distortion that then end up in your signal.

On the processing PC FM MPX is generated, which you need to get to your transmitter. Where is the transmitter located and where is your processing PC? If they are close to each other (i.e. the same building), you can use an audio cable directly from the trace alpha to the transmitter. Make sure that the trace alpha is set to 192kHz sampling rate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 pm 

Would this be the same if im using a mixer please

Quote:
Hi,

First you need to get the audio from the playout PC to the Stereo Tool PC. This can be an analogue cable from the output of the playout PC to the input of the processing PC. It could also be digital (audio over IP). Keep in mind that bad cables or cheap sound cards (like onboard sound chips) may cause hums or other types of distortion that then end up in your signal.

On the processing PC FM MPX is generated, which you need to get to your transmitter. Where is the transmitter located and where is your processing PC? If they are close to each other (i.e. the same building), you can use an audio cable directly from the trace alpha to the transmitter. Make sure that the trace alpha is set to 192kHz sampling rate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 am 

As long as the signal gets into the processing PC. There can be a mixer in between of course.