All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 pm 

Hello, newbie here. I have just come across this program and would like to know if the stand alone version would process all audio output from my computer and if so, how to I set it up? I have download and tried the latest version but am only getting lots of noise and feedback. My laptop has only one realtek sound card. I have also tried asio4all but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

To do what you want, you need a program like VB Cable (free) or Virtual Audio Cable (paid). Install that and make it (Virtual Cable 1 or something similar) your default sound card. Then in Stereo Tool, select that card as your input and your actual audio card as your output.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:01 pm 

Many thanks for your reply. What I am trying to achieve is Having 5 different audio programs playing to a mixer and then processed by Stereo tools. Is this possible with virtual cables or is there another way? thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:29 am 
Site Admin

Yes, you need a virtual cable for that. You might get more latency that you might like...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 pm 

Thanks for the reply again. you can probably tell that I am a complete newbie to this. What I have got is mairlist radio playout system into my mixer. I would like Stereo tool to process either the entire output from mairlist or process each channel separately. I downloaded virtual audio cables but do not know what to do next. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 pm 

Sorry. I forgot to add that I run mairlist through an esi-gigaport usb sound card. This gives me 4 stereo channels.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 am 
Site Admin

You can run Stereo Tool as a plugin inside mAirlist!

The ESI driver has a built-in virtual cables via DirectWire.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:57 am 

Okay. I am tearing my hair out now. I am trying the stand alone version on my laptop and can't even get it running on this. I must be missing something crucial. My laptop has only one soundcard a realtek and the stereo tool web site says that the stand alone version is for soundcard in to soundcard out. I don't see anything on the output meters of the program but I do hear sound from the laptop built in microphone. Turning that off makes no difference to getting stereo tool working. I do appreciate your help on this and I have used computers since the DOS days and regularly use audio editing programs and radio playout systems. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

I'm guessing that your sound card input *is* the microphone, which would explain why you hear it - but not why the meters don't move. Not sure what's happening there... You also see nothing in the scopes? Not even if you shout into the microphone?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:04 pm 

Thanks HVZ. My windows sound is config: playback realtek HD audio and the recording is set to realtek microphone. Stereo tools input is set to: input realtek microphone audio and the output is set to realtek Hd audio. but even swapping them about gets me no-where. I have tried the pipeline 1 as input to stereo tools and realtek hd audio as output but still nothing. I have read a lot on the web about people having similar problems on setting up stereo tools. Is there a proper tutorial somewhere for this? Don't even ask about setting it up on my main big computer with mairlist installed. There are just too many variables which confuses me. Thanks for your patience.