All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

What you describe should either work or give you an error message (either the input or the output buffer display would turn RED in that case, it's normally blue or - for ASIO - green).

Can you verify that both are blue?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:25 am 

Thanks hvz. Both are blue in stereo tools. But I found in windows sound in the recording tab there is a pipeline 1 entry with a level meter which is showing sound. If I disable this I am then getting sound from stereo tools but it is all echoing and gets louder in volume until I press disable. The meters in stereo tools are showing like feedback or interference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm 

Right. Still on my laptop. Start from new I thought. I deleted all pipelines and all other sound devices in windows so all I am left with is 1 realtek device in windows playback and realtek in windows recording. I deleted all Vac etc. and deleted stereo tools. Restarted my laptop and downloaded Stereo tools stand alone version. In the input of stereo tools I have set to realtek (the only other option is sound mapper). The normal output I set to realtek also. (the other option is sound mapper). What I get is the input output meters are green but feedback starts and gets louder all the time. If I shout I hear it and again it repeats and gets louder. If I disable realtek in the recording tab of windows, I get the exception in stereo tools. Before I did all this, I installed Breakaway and it worked perfectly. But I don't like Breakaway, I want stereo tool. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:12 pm 

Right. I have managed to get stereo tool working now in mairlist. I was getting confused with all the options in mairlist. Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:41 pm 

Yippee!!!! I've got it. At long last. Got stereo tools all sorted. My problem was: I have a usb mixer, usb soundcard and mairlist. All those different settings confused me. I am now going to buy the program. One question first: If I buy the standalone version, do I get to use the plugin version as well or are they different and also can I then use all the presets?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:37 am 

Quote:
Yippee!!!! I've got it. At long last. Got stereo tools all sorted. My problem was: I have a usb mixer, usb soundcard and mairlist. All those different settings confused me. I am now going to buy the program. One question first: If I buy the standalone version, do I get to use the plugin version as well or are they different and also can I then use all the presets?
Coolken, can you please explain to me how??? I use mairist 6 but do not see any audio in the meters and after the DLL file has been placed also nothing??
Please let me know what you did.

Really looking forward to your info. Merry Christmas

Jo.