All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 am 
Site Admin

You can't use ASIO in the plug-in version. Those screens are for the stand alone version.

I have just (10 minutes ago) posted a new version - including plug-ins - with WASAPI support though, which should give you the same result as ASIO (bypassing all Windows stuff). Warning: Not yet properly tested! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14659&start=138

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 pm 

Whew, ok thank you, I was starting to think maybe I had lost it or something. :oops:

I will try your new one then, see where I get with that.

Thank you very much for the response, Hans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 am 

Ok, I just got done trying out the new beta version... I guess more testing is needed because I got this error when I tried setting the Device ID to ASUS Xonar U5 WASAPI 44.1, 96, 192 KHz (I think it read):
Code:
Error opening (2 ch, srate 176400): Invalid device

Try using ASIO instead.
(I'd try ASIO if I could lol) :)

Apparently it must be trying to send at 176400Hz? I'm not sure if the U5 card supports 176400... (should it not be 192000?) I can't seem to locate anything to change the sample rate to 192 either.

Using the ASUS Xonar U5 regular setting (MME or whichever one it was) it works without any errors (though still has the same screwy waveform and lack of separation as before).

Also, did you take away the delossifier? I was using it on 7.50, but on the new one it's telling me I have an unregistered option(s) in use. (or maybe is this a bug?)

Edit:
N/M
I now see you did make it into a trial option. No biggie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm 

So... is this being worked on? (is my help needed with beta testing to fix this error?)

?
:?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry I somehow missed your previous post. Sample rate is under Configuration -> Sound cards -> Sample rate.

The Delossifier Spectral Hole Filler is new, and that's the part that requires registration. The pre-ringing killer can still be used without paying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 am 

Again, the closest thing I have to "Configuration -> Sound cards -> ... " is Configuration -> FM sound card. I do not see any means there for changing the sample rate. If there is supposed to be another (separate) sound cards area, I'm not seeing it on my end.

It's probably moot now though, I wound up just getting rid of that Xonar U5 card.
I've put in it's place a Behringer UMC202HD. I simply installed it's driver, plugged it in, launched ST, set the device setting to WASAPI, clicked to play a file... Wala! we have full stereo sound! (so FYI, the WASAPI mode does appear to be working ;) )
It still sends at 176.4kHz, but with the Behringer it seems everything is working that I can tell.
I tried the regular MME setting and the stereo separation went away entirely, so WASAPI is apparently a necessity with the Behringer (I don't know if this is a new feature you added because of seeing my dilemma here, but if so, I appreciate it very much Hans. Thank you).

Sure enough, it also outputs a decent square wave using 102,099µs of tilt correction:

Incidentally the UMC202HD was also about $10 cheaper than the Xonar U5, so that was just a bit of icing on the cake.

So I guess this thread has now run it's course.

Again, I appreciate your help.
If I notice any bugs or other issues in your beta, I'll be sure to let you know.
(a minor one is several of the tool tip windows come up blank or are absent entirely, perhaps you're still in the process of composing them)

J.

P.S., I found the spectral hole filter.. That was the issue, I guess it must've been enabled by default.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm 

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge you actually have to disable the whole enhancements section or it will still change the audio. Not sure if that applies to this specific card.
When things work correctly, the stereo separation should be similar to what you get with the built-in stereo coder. If you use the Composite Clipper you do gain about 2 dB in loudness though.

https://www.7pcb.com/