All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Direct Wire Settings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:35 pm 

Hi, I'm using Stereo Tool on a standalone PC with a Juli@ soundcard. The balanced "line in" is fed to the
1/4 inch jack input but the audio supplied to the ShoutCast streaming software is the non processed
audio.When monitoring the audio out and I bypass Stereo Tool the level and audio quality drop but
the audio at the streamer end remains the same as the input.To overcome this I used Direct Wire
and this now works but the audio quality seems to have a slight phase problem and the ST input level meters
are lower than I would expect.Direct Wire is connected from ASIO 1 & 2 to NME 1 & 2 not sure if this is
the best setting .The only soundcard input you can select on the streamer software is Juli@ 12.

Post subject: Re: Direct Wire Settings
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

The real problem is probably that you can't use 3/4 in the streaming program. I'm not sure what DirectWire does in this case, but I would kinda expect it to combine the incoming signal with the signal that you're outputting. If you could use 3/4 as input, and don't use them for anything else, that would give you the clean Stereo Tool output.