All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: sam 4.3.6
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:54 am 

working great as a single output dsp sam buffers create poping if running 2 copies on each player. must turn off built in agc or cpu maxes.

Post subject: Re: sam 4.3.6
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:01 am 

Hi Khel

That's very true.

SAMBC recommends for the installtion of a dsp to be done at the mixer and not on each player.

The documentation for dsp installation gives you three choices:
(a) each player
(b) each player and mixer
(c) player

My suggetsion is to use option (c)

regards

mapelealf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

I suppose (c) should be mixer :D

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:36 pm 

lololo :D
yes i meant the mixer

typo

I have a degree in typonese :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:38 pm 

finally i have had great sucess with st as the dsp with sam 4x. but i still use the 3 upper bands of the 5 band expander/limiter with the compresser off and lower 2 band off. i use the clipper and turn off the hard limiter in st. This kills the essss that lower bitrate mp3 get. my settings are posted in the forum.

in testing with 3.10 i found if you set the direct soundcard outputs from st off, the agc in sam stops getting sound. if i move it to a player dsp it still works. this leads me to belive that at the mixer in sam data is pipelined throught the dsp BEFORE the agc.
can anyone shed light on this?

i want to know if the sam agc(sound sol 1.9) is before(like they show in config) or after the dsp (ST) at the mixer.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:26 pm 

Hi khel

Yes it does and that is how I am using it with SAMBC, I have it on the mixer.

From my post, I had made earlier it was a typo
the option (c) should have been the mixer. ;-) (I am gulity of not checking my post)

However, sadly to say the cpu doesnt max out when I have an AGC activated on both player A and B only, the system load is constant at 42-45%. I also set the affinity for SAMBC to the 2nd cpu and hae SAMBC at a 10 priority. I found a great AGC at SpacialAudio for broadcasting and use that for player A and B.

Further, I monitor the system load with a great utility called O&O cleaver cache for any nonmalies.

CPU is 3.2Ghz, my system RAM is 3GB running on XP pro sp3 and a Creative X-fi elite pro sound card. If you like I can provide you with a screen shot by posting it here. I am streaming SAMBC with kernal streaming using an accPlus encoder

My connection is 16mbit and I am contemplating going to 25Mbit which has just become availlable here. I am fortunate that the Spacialnet server is on the same ISP that I have being only on the average 16ms ping time away.

Stereotool has made a tremendous different with the output as heard on the net, I just love this product.

regards
mapleleaf

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:26 pm 

I got that cache program and will try it out. As i run with about 30 meg of ram left it may help some. My pc is a few years old but i have worked to hard to make it 99.999 up time. its a 2.8 ghz p4. maybe time to add some ram. i show 256 but i thought i had 512. maybe somethings wrong. i need to open up and check cause i would not have built it with 256....not with XP
will let you know what i think.

anyway... 16m sir, that is a stinking ton of bandwidth- i have a 6m/608k dsl here. thats as fast as i can get without big money. i am the big pipe on the block but its more than enough. what is your upstream rate with that?

i no longer use spacialnet
i host my own streams and websites(win2k server 1 ghz 512m/12g r0) 22k aac+(shoutcast) for dialups and 64K acc+(streamerp2p) for members($upporters of the station) Check out http://www.streamerp2p.com for a way to do the high end acc+ stream your self. it is a p2p stream system like a bittorrent setup. uses upstream bandwidth of each listner instead of decated server bw for each. so you only send out 1 or 2 stream at most and hundreds can feed off you...no more stream hosting fees. the client is also the server. you just configure it and feed it the same as any server. sam has streamer listed in the statistic window and it is a shoutcast server for the encoders.

I run at 34% with the limited agc use and st at normal. my issue is the different setting each source needs. a great preset for one song stinks for the next. every dj that feeds in to the station needs a different preset. as i do not want to sit here 24/7 i am working on automating this. i have a way to do it in sam agc only. HVZ is working on the idea for ST.

What agc are you using? the built in one or a plugin? I can not boost the gain on low bitrate mp3 over 2 in ST or 3 in sam agc. the essss go to crap if i do. not enough data in mp3's below 192k. my 320k files sound great, i could really boost them up more and sound like the 100,000 watt station here but it make every other source sound bad then.

</novel>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 pm 

Here is autoload preset pal for sam 4
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 pm 

thanks