All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:23 pm 

Hi all,

I want to run two instances of stereotool on the same computer, but each with their own preset. My playout software is using the VST version via the Bass Audio library. Is there any way to load individual presets, at least upon start of the DSP?

I found I could alter the ini file, but that would probably give both StereoTools the same preset as there is only one ini.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Your playout software should take care of that actually... Doesn't it?

You can rename the plugin (vst_stereo_tool_1.dll, vst_stereo_tool_2.dll) to make each instance use a different .ini file, but the parameters from the .ini file aren't read in the VST version; instead the host should store and send them on startup.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:20 pm 

Yes, the playout software should do that - only that I write it myself, so I would apprciate any pointers how to tell ST which preset to load. As written, I'm using the BASS Audio library which wraps the VST commands.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:22 pm 

Quote:
You can rename the plugin (vst_stereo_tool_1.dll, vst_stereo_tool_2.dll) to make each instance use a different .ini file, but the parameters from the .ini file aren't read in the VST version; instead the host should store and send them on startup.
BTW, when I tried, it DID read all the processing settings from the vst ini file after I copied them from the standalone's ini to the vst ini.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

O. That would be a bug actually... What you need to do is call the function to read a param value for ALL the parameters - they will all return a float between 0 and 1. When you start ST, you need to send it ALL those values again. And actually you should keep track of changes (I don't recall exactly, but you should be notified either via an event or a callback).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:08 am 

Thanks, Hans. I'm going to try it out. The software is on my less priority list, so I only work in occasional increments.