All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:32 pm 

When using the plug-in in Wavelab it functions normally. However, when I render the session it adds a very slow fade-in (around 7-10 seconds) to the start of the file. As a workaround, I have to add 10 seconds of pink noise to my session to get the volume up to where it needs to be before my content starts, and then have to chop that off of the rendered wav file after. This is an OK workaround for now, but shouldn't be necessary. Is there anything I can do? A setting I'm missing?

I'm on Windows 10, using the basic license features of Stereo Tool, 32bit, as my version of Wavelab is a bit dated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:25 pm 

Try adjusting the Relative Startup Level in the AGC, perhaps? AGC > LEVELS > More levels settings > Relative startup level. If I'm not mistaken, this sets the starting position of the AGC level when initialized from silence.

"The level at which the AGC starts after starting the software. This is only useful for file-based processing. Set it up such that the AGC is at a reasonable level, to avoid gain riding at the start of a song"

EDIT: This is in the new GUI which you can find in the betas. I'm not sure how to do this in the old GUI.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 am 

Thanks! I actually wasn't seeing this setting at first because my settings were on basic. Then I was messing around and flipped it to advanced and I saw that setting and thought it must be the ticket.

Tested it and it works! Also found a lot of other useful stuff under advanced settings. 😁

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:13 pm 

Quote:
Thanks! I actually wasn't seeing this setting at first because my settings were on basic.
Also found a lot of other useful stuff under advanced settings
Ah, this is definitely in the old GUI. I recommend trying out the beta thread as it contains the new GUI version, which the products will use from now on if I understand correctly. It has all the settings available without the need for operating mode switching; they're just better nested. So they might take a second to find.