All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:07 pm 

Hi I am happily enjoying Stereo Tool for processing and I am using RadioDJ for automation its working great exept it has some trubles sending RT+ over network (Stereo Tool expect RTP=[RAW_TEXT_DATA] (for instance RTP=0,1,1,32,4,4,12,16 for Artist: Pharrell Williams and Title: Happy which RadioDJ doesn't know know how to make (any documentation about this RTP command?)

but I was fealing nostalgic the other day and thought I would bring my 486 to life and run some old Radio Automation Software for DOS (I have MS-DOS 5 there) but when I was looking for something I wasn't able to find anything at all so I was wondering does anyone know any Radio Automation Software that existed at that time and would be preparing to share it if has it since I wasn't able to find anything on the internet

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm 

I suspect this one will be challenging.

At least here in the American market, the original automation systems were very expensive. Added to that, some of the better companies enhanced their hold on you (the customer) by forcing the sale of specific audio cards, which were serial locked to the software. The software wouldn't work without cards they supplied, and the cards wouldn't work without the specific software.

Then, there's the matter of the audio files. Some companies used encoding that wasn't compatible with wav or mp3 files, which was another factor that made it hard to move to a different system.

In '92, we bought a DOS-based system that eventually became one of Scott's products. I think I paid something like $15,000 for the main system, the switcher and a production unit. At the time, that was considered a bargain price.

The last DOS-based system I got anywhere near was from Pristine. It also had that proprietary lock on the audio card, wouldn't overlap anything and inserted a nice click between every file it switched to. We pulled the last one out a couple of years ago.

Good luck with this. I'd like to hear what you settled on, if you do find something. Was the kind of output you're looking for even available back then?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:57 am 

Quote:
I suspect this one will be challenging.

At least here in the American market, the original automation systems were very expensive. Added to that, some of the better companies enhanced their hold on you (the customer) by forcing the sale of specific audio cards, which were serial locked to the software. The software wouldn't work without cards they supplied, and the cards wouldn't work without the specific software.

Then, there's the matter of the audio files. Some companies used encoding that wasn't compatible with wav or mp3 files, which was another factor that made it hard to move to a different system.

In '92, we bought a DOS-based system that eventually became one of Scott's products. I think I paid something like $15,000 for the main system, the switcher and a production unit. At the time, that was considered a bargain price.

The last DOS-based system I got anywhere near was from Pristine. It also had that proprietary lock on the audio card, wouldn't overlap anything and inserted a nice click between every file it switched to. We pulled the last one out a couple of years ago.

Good luck with this. I'd like to hear what you settled on, if you do find something. Was the kind of output you're looking for even available back then?

well after reading this: http://radio-weblogs.com/0108913/storie ... stems.html
I have found another DOS based software called Selector system which as I've read is clumsy and hard to use but I don't care as long as its for DOS (if someone still has it I would be realy happy if I could get a copy) but again its nowhere to be found

so now I am thinking it would be easier to start with something newer so lets say Windows 95/98/98SE if anyone knows any software for Windows 9k as they were called or Windows 3.1 or 3.11 and could send it to me I would be realy happy

I have also found some AM Transmitter controling system for DOS called Autopilot: http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/201 ... s-version/ would be realy interesting if I could get it working with gnuradio and my hackrf (if someone still has it don't hasitate to share it because sharing is the way to go (not everything just old Radio software that is nowhere to be found and bought)