All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Is the amount of stereo depending on the volume of the pilot signal? because your post about the pilot signal reminded me of that... because now that i listen through stereo tool's encoding, and compare it with the original encoding done by the fm transmitter, it seems that stereo tool's signal produces too much stereo and all the mono sounds, like vocals and bass are put to the background.

There is this slider for the stereo volume but i can't move it, is that only for the full version?

Also, when I set the angle to 180 degrees under stereo image, the sound is much louder and the voices are back on the foreground. Is 180 degrees the same as inverting the signals of one of the channels?
No, that's all caused by the transmitter (or the sound card and cables, but I'm betting on the transmitter here). If the high frequencies get a boost due to pre-emphasis in the transmitter, then the stereo signal (at 23-57 kHz) gets a strong boost. The amplitude of the pilot tone has no effect (unless it's so weak that the stereo detection fails completely).

To fix this, use FM Calibration (at the bottom right of the FM settings window).

180 degrees is indeed the same as inverting one channel.