All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:41 pm 

I wanna use this app to declip audio being played through foobar2000.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:23 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:29 pm 

There are a few ways. One would be to get a VST host/bridge for Foobar2000 and then grab the correct VST version. The other would to get a Winamp DSP bridge for Foobar2000 and grab the DSP version.

This is the old Winamp DSP bridge for Foobar2000 I used to use, but it might be kinda buggy. https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?t ... sp_winamp) It'll play declipped and processed audio though.

Good luck!

edit: You can also use the stand-alone version of Stereo Tool with a virtual sound card such as VBcable.
Install both; set Windows (or Foobar 2000) to use VBcable to output sound; then run the stand-alone Stereo Tool app, go to the I/O and make your Input 1 the VBcable; and finally set your speakers as the HD output. This makes Windows (or just Foobar) send audio to the VB cable, which sends audio to the stand-alone Stereo Tool app, which sends audio to your speakers.

If you need to reduce the latency, lower the Buffer Size/Diversity Delay in the output section of Stereo Tool; expand the > glyph to find it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:43 pm 

Quote:
There are a few ways. One would be to get a VST host/bridge for Foobar2000 and then grab the correct VST version. The other would to get a Winamp DSP bridge for Foobar2000 and grab the DSP version.

This is the old Winamp DSP bridge for Foobar2000 I used to use, but it might be kinda buggy. https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?t ... sp_winamp) It'll play declipped and processed audio though.

Good luck!

edit: You can also use the stand-alone version of Stereo Tool with a virtual sound card such as VBcable.
Install both; set Windows (or Foobar 2000) to use VBcable to output sound; then run the stand-alone Stereo Tool app, go to the I/O and make your Input 1 the VBcable; and finally set your speakers as the HD output. This makes Windows (or just Foobar) send audio to the VB cable, which sends audio to the stand-alone Stereo Tool app, which sends audio to your speakers.

If you need to reduce the latency, lower the Buffer Size/Diversity Delay in the output section of Stereo Tool; expand the > glyph to find it
+1 on VB Cable. https://vb-audio.com/Cable/

Been listening to Spotify this way for 2 years now, no issues whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:30 am 

Quote:
I wanna use this app to declip audio being played through foobar2000.
Using an app to declip audio played through Foobar2000 sounds like a useful idea for improving audio quality.