All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:23 am 

Hoping Bojcha and/or Hans can answer this, but I welcome everyone's input. Of course, only Bojcha can answer the question why he decided not to use the Dequantizer and the Pre-Ringing Killer (Delossifier) in his Profile. But that is my question. What negative/undesired affect does using the Dequantizer and Pre-Ringing killer have on the material? I have them turned on, but I don't know what I should be listening for.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:46 am 

Dequantizer is really filter for repair things (if you know what it does) and not something that will i use on every day processing.
99.99% of tracks does need it, so as usuall it would have negaitve effect to fix something that does snot need fix at all.

Delossifier i use, now always. Simply said, it fixes a bit that mp3ish sound.
I even use "Spectral Hole Filler" lately. But only for streaming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:08 am 

Thanks for explaining the dequantizer...
The 7 Wonders preset in the latest 8.01 beta, does not use the pre-ringing killer. I turned it on, for my Internet radio station, but turned the level down from 200 percent to 100 percent. I was just curious as to why it was not being used?
Quote:
Dequantizer is really filter for repair things (if you know what it does) and not something that will i use on every day processing.
99.99% of tracks does need it, so as usuall it would have negaitve effect to fix something that does snot need fix at all.

Delossifier i use, now always. Simply said, it fixes a bit that mp3ish sound.
I even use "Spectral Hole Filler" lately. But only for streaming!