All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 am 

Please..how to do i do work on parametrers of those filters to do better results?
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:22 am 

I share your desire to get a good explanation of these features, especially absolute highs. One of the only things I've been able to figure out is that it does sound better, to me personally, if you set absolute highs to run "before multibands". Otherwise, I have been leaving the bandwidth at 32, even though I have no idea what this does, and I've been leaving the bottom band at 10000, and setting the top band to 18,000 which is the top end of my band pass filter setting. I've also set the multiplier and peak to 2 and 4000 respectively, to cover the 8000hz that I've specified, but again, I have no freaking idea if this is correct usage. Hopefully, one day I'll know, but based on the sound, it does appear to do some good with adding missing highs to my mp3 music.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:50 pm 

Based on my personal observation, absolute highs is somewhat more of an academic feature on top of delossifier, likely very few people can hear audible differences, unless the source audio is special (special meaning, not a wav or mp3 file that most of us have in our music collections and listening to with this plugin)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

The default parameters should be good normally. Absolute Highs regenerates highs that are removed by a lowpass filter (although it also seems to work well on older - 60's - music).