All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 pm 

Hello Folks and happy new 2018

I wanted to share my 2 current profiles with the community.

Here the DX profile : http://ovh.to/AH8Kkzw

Here the ragchew profile : http://ovh.to/Y1pV7YX

These links are accessible only 1 month, so, once this delay passed, write me an e-mail if you're still interested.

Hans, you're still doing an amazing job.

73 Peter HB9UQX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 pm 

hello happy new year
just i have download your st and i will try it in my ring .is a ts 870 kenwood mod..
73 SV6IEP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm 

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but any chance for a reup or a newer preset?

de SV3SPA

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:26 pm 

Hello,

I probably use Stereotool for over a decade on my laptop and love it, to listen my music. As I have a ham radio license (but too lazy to use it), I'm wondering if there are others operators that use Stereotool for processing incoming and/or transmitted audio.

I'd love to use my Stereotool License to process received audio (removing noise etc), but also to process transmitted audio (using a The Bimp license). Does that sound feasible and is it worth adding a The Bimp license for this purpose? Has anyone any feedback on the results?
I just ordered two USB-C to 3.5mm jack cables based on the Realtek ALC4042 ADC/DAC chipset to my Elecraft KX-2 transceiver, as I saw on this forum that they are quite good in terms of features and performance (384KHz 32bit etc.).

Last question: While looking on the forum, I found this sentence on the 7.45 Version changelog: "SCA frequencies are now configurable for HAM radio". I couldn't figure out what it means, and where are those settings available on Stereotool. Any clue, as I'm curious?

All the best,

73, HB9FZL

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:35 pm 

Hi Bruno

I've been experimenting with Stereo Tool for a while now. I feed the audio into my Anan 7000dle Mk2 and SunSDR2DX using VAC (Loopback on MacOS and Voicemeeter on PC), as I find I have less RF issues than using audio cables. There are a few elements of Stereo Tool that seem to provide excellent TX audio that I can't replicate with a DAW and VSTs.

I have never tried using it for reception though... For that you might want to investigate Bertom Denoiser and checkout K1GMM's YouTube channel as he's doing some interesting work with RX audio.

73s
Robin (GW0NTM)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:30 pm 

Thank you for the advice, I'll have a look at this denoiser. My idea was to use StereoTool as the single audio treatment program on my laptop, not sure if it's possible.

73, Bruno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:15 am 

Quote:
...is it worth adding a The Bimp license for this purpose?
Actually, the BIMP is for injecting your voice into your processed audio (acting as a DJ over music for example). I think to process two streams (receive and transmit), you would want to use two instances of Stereo Tool. Try simply launching a renamed copy of the Stereo Tool executable in tandem with your original instance and it'll generate its own ini file. I do believe Hans wants people to buy a license per differently processed audio stream, however, if you're using licensed features.

Be sure to set the titlebar to use an identifier so you don't get confused about which instance is which. Soon, hopefully, potential skin coloring will solve this at a glance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:34 am 

Quote:
...you would want to use two instances of Stereo Tool. Try simply launching a renamed copy of the Stereo Tool executable in tandem with your original instance and it'll generate its own ini file. I do believe Hans wants people to buy a license per differently processed audio stream, however, if you're using licensed features.
Yes, that's what I was also thinking, although I didn't try yet. My main issue is that the PC laptop I'm using too light in CPU to process all the HAM radio software (DxLab, MultiPSK, WSJT-X, SdrConsole, VirtualAudioCable, VSPE) and 2 instances of Stereotool. As I'm mostly using the configuration in portable/sota mode, I don't want to upgrade to a heavier laptop or add external "boxes" for audio processing (such as Pimp Raspberry-based Stereotool Micro processor), it would be too heavy in my backpack.

Ideally I'd love Stereotool to have the following routing:
Input#2-->TheBimp-->LowLatencyMonitoring Output (from microphone to transceiver mic input)
Input-->Repair/Processing-->HD Output (from transceiver speaker output to headphones)
That would be efficent for many HAM radio operators, I believe.

Bruno