All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Work of Stereotools
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:53 pm 

Quote:
Hi Hans. You unique who can help me! Earlier I tell that my radio relay stations strongly spoil sounding. Some sounds especially vanish in a high range of frequencies. At use Stereotool the sound became better, but on high frequencies there are problems. How I can return some sounds which vanish? And if that is possible prompt the information about calibration MPX, can this to me will help. And on high frequencies it is audible distortions on hissing sounds - "TH" and "SH"?
I want to get best crystal crearly sound, but dont know how to do this !!!
Help to config Stereo Image instrument !!!, Please try to help me !!!
Hi Boris.
Can i ask you two questions?
- Do you change your configuration of transfering sound form mixer to main transmitter?
- And are you shure that your sound is in range of max 75kHz ?

it's impossible that you have distorsion in any tone, exept your sending more then 75kHz.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm 

Friends tell me, that frequency 15Khz lift level above 3dB.This will solve the problem?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Friends tell me, that frequency 15Khz lift level above 3dB.This will solve the problem?
no .. you already have distorsion on highs ..problem is somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm 

I dont change my config- Mixer>dbx166>Relay1>Relay2>Stereotool>Transmitter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:03 pm 

i still stand that configuration i tell you erlier will be much better than you do now.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Looking at your screenshot:

- Your input signal seems to be very soft. So maybe your original transmitter is not broadcasting loud enough (which means that you get more FM noise, relatively), or your signal is just very soft (no problem).
- Your output signal is a lot louder. So you're increasing the volume - and I suppose that means you're also increasing the received noise.
- The MPX signal that Stereo Tool sends out looks clean (noise levels below -90 dB, that's close to CD quality). So there's nothing wrong there (of course your sound card might make things worse).

Please check the output of Stereo Tool without enabling MPX output (or by selecting Normal output). That way you hear the sound that Stereo Tool is broadcasting. It would really surprise me if that sound is any better.

Note: If you're using the NOISE GATE filter at value 9 as you mentioned earlier AND your input is this soft, you'll loose most of your high frequencies and get a sound like what I heard in your sample. Try the FM noise filter in "Tape Restore Live!" instead - that will work MUCH better.

Of course, with the setup you have now you'll never reach really good quality. After all, you're broadcasting a copy of a copy of a copy, with FM processing, pre-emphasis and bad reception in each step.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:54 pm 

Quote:
Of course, with the setup you have now you'll never reach really good quality. After all, you're broadcasting a copy of a copy of a copy, with FM processing, pre-emphasis and bad reception in each step.
That is what i am talking...
if i understend him .. Sound from mixer goes to dbx .. then to transsmiter1 (with hardware stereo coder) then Tuner1 with stereo out and on another stereocoder and to transmitter2 .. now tuner2 with stereo output and in Juli@. He again says that he don't use mpx from ST so... stereocoder No.3.. and then Final.... main transsmiter. Even if he use mpx from ST will not help.

this way ..
- the best Stereo coders will turn around phases, shange levels ..etc..3 times in 3 ways ..
- tuners .. x3 .. what .. noise?!.. at -15
- listener's tuner is 4th. tuner..

again:
Mixer (balanced Out) > (balanced in) dbx (balanced out) > (balanced in juli@)pc with ST (mpx out from juli@) > transmitter1 > reciver1 > transmiter2 > reciver2 > Main Transmitter (Where both recivers have MPX out used for transmitters input).

- Like this you totaly avoid to use your hardware stereocoder(s).
- PC is at your studio (easy for control)
- MPX from Stereo Tool and Juli@ (which is better then hardware stereocoder) is not going thru 3 stereocoders.

So, you request answer how to transfer signal from studio and not to give a 1$ .. and this is answer and the much better way.

note: if your tuners not have mpx out, you can make them to have or someone who knows little abput electronics to make for you. (like i do for my tuner).

Post subject: Work of Stereotools
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:53 am 

When there is no Internet connection, "Work Offline" on Firefox 3 will automatically kicked in, eventhough the "browser.offline-apps.notify" has been set to false. That is a little bit annoying when we often work without Internet connection, we must click "File" -> "Work Offline" each time when we want to work online. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance?