All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 am 

Heres a little challange;

mostly I run ST to prosess a few stations, and it all works nicely.

For my own little "pirate", my humble ego trip, i've found a little challange;
the station it self runs ok, but if I want to add some old airchecks (all ready well prosessed stuff), how can I control ST to switsh to a more "gentle" preset…lets say at a given time I want to run some old school recordings from a aircheck w/out my massive prosessing, but to keep the original the best I can…at a given time turn off my settings and use close to a "less prosessed" settings…

this has somehow been bugging me a bit :) (normaly in a unix world I would crontab some script…but running under win7…hmm)

Any one have some greate ideas?

regards,

MrDonT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:29 am 
Site Admin

Hm... Are you asking for ST to detect this, or for you to be able to overrule some settings?

If the latter, look into the scheduler. You can have ST poll a file - and if there's data in it, it will load it (only what's in that file will change)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:03 pm 

I was thinking about something that poses a similar problem recently. I still need to check if what I'm thinking is accurate though...

Hyper processed source material might become slightly 'louder' than some earlier material which gets processed through the same chain altering overall loudness consistency slightly, right?

I was wondering (similar to the suggestion by RobertSack regarding the Natural Dynamics section) whether having some sort of detection (final loudness maybe) might be able to feed back into an earlier section like multiband drive or something?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:06 pm 

Quote:
Hyper processed source material might become slightly 'louder' than some earlier material which gets processed through the same chain altering overall loudness consistency slightly, right?
Not on topic, but.. no.
That is exactly what you need to have when you creating preset for processor, or processing chain. It IS possible ofc. - Same consistency, spectral balance, etc.. between those two tracks.