All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm 

Hi!

I am just checking out the new 7.31 (I was using the 7.03 so far). And while fortunatly the old single- and multiband compression is still featured, I am missing the old stereo effects settings. I was using the center bass and phasing option in one of my settings, which creates a "fake stereo" for 4 channel mixed music (two channels left only, two right only) and now I cannot find them anymore - and also dont know how to "emulate" these old settings in the new version?

Can anyone give me a hint?

BTW: I am hesitant right now to switch over to a new version of Stereotool, because I fear the settings made with 7.03 are not compatible anymore when loaded into 7.31. And it took a long time to create my old settings, several months of finetuning. It would be nice, if there could be a tutorial or even an automated process, which converts the old stereo, single and multiband settings into the new one. I dont have the time to convert them by hand, and thus I pretty much stay with the 7.03 now, because I am safe there my old settings work as I intended them to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Try Configuratikn -> operating mode and set it higher; the stereo settings will re-appear.

Your 7.03 settings should work in v7.31 without making changes - of course to benefit from the improvements in the new version you will need to change things (cpu load will be lower even if you don't)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:42 pm 

If the Stereo Image filter is going to be removed in future, do you have plans for improved replacement (or rip from Breakaway's Challenger Stereo Enhancer)?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm 

Thanks for your response! I tried the new stereotool with the setting made under 7.03 and it sounds different somehow. I sounds to me like the voice protection is handled differently!? Well, I stay with 7.03 then. I take the efford to convert my settings to a new version when 8.x comes out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thanks for your response! I tried the new stereotool with the setting made under 7.03 and it sounds different somehow. I sounds to me like the voice protection is handled differently!? Well, I stay with 7.03 then. I take the efford to convert my settings to a new version when 8.x comes out.
In general, you should be able to get a much (MUCH) better sound out of 7.31 than 7.03... This stereo phase filter has not been touched so it should not have changed. Which voice protection do you mean? In the AGC? Or Multiband?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:52 pm 

I also wonder and also saw in other threads that for some reason v7.03 is "better". And i know that "stereo" image is not changed since... huh.. day one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
In general, you should be able to get a much (MUCH) better sound out of 7.31 than 7.03... This stereo phase filter has not been touched so it should not have changed. Which voice protection do you mean? In the AGC? Or Multiband?
My settings use the multiband voice protection:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3831

BTW: I had a look into the settings file itself and I couldnt see a value containing the Stereo-Tool version with which the settings were created!? Maybe it makes sense to store it with the settings and if loaded and settings have become deprecated or result in a different sound with a new Stereo-Tool version, you could check the Stereo-Tool version of the loaded settings and give out a warning or execute an automated conversion?